Away Match Build Up 10/02/2024 L1: Blackpool FC v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ou1958

with all of the bad weather forecasted for the north of the country, we might be looking at a postponement for the Blackpool game? It certainly does not look good.

If a game gets called off in Blackpool for a bit of rain they will be playing a hell of a lot of games in the two weeks of good (well mild) weather they do get. Been up there multiple times and don’t think the sun has ever come out whatever time of year, last time was February two years back and you could barely walk along the front it was so windy, they still played that day.

Sea front B and B booked, tickets sorted, evening meal booked, …. better be on!! 😊

Starting with the ref, @Sarge has rated him 7,7,6. So he must be an OK ref.

I fear we are asking a lot from the team. I think it will be a struggle but we will JUTS scrape a point.

See the Pre Match pack above, lots of build up to come, but added a link to the Ref's prev RefWatch thread and a link to his Stats.

I'd go:

Cumming
Dale Smyth Moore Brown Leigh
Brannagan McGuane
Burey Rodrigues Harris

Why did the weather thread get locked? or merge it into here?

I'd go:

Cumming
Dale Smyth Moore Brown Leigh
Brannagan McGuane
Burey Rodrigues Harris
Dale is ineligible to play apparently, a 'condition' of his transfer- err gentleman agreement between blackpool and oxford I mean (as that kind of clause is not permitted anymore in contracts?)

Last edited:
Not holding out much hope for this one. Blackpool were a decent team when we played them earlier in the season I dunno what Oxford will turn up so I predict 3-0

Any tips on where to drink before the match?

Most of the younger fans/rowdier element will go to the Manchester bar, if you want a very cheap drink go to the Ardwick not too far away, think away fans sometimes use the castle tavern as well. But its Blackpool, plenty of pubs, but cheap and cheerful, if you are a real ale snob you won't like most of them but if you have had sex this century you might.

Last edited:
Looked good when we played them ,we really have got to start putting a run together. It's time everyone From Des down start doing the business. Sadly can only see a 2-1 defeat.

Back
Top Bottom