Current Player #1 Jamie Cumming

I've just noticed that on the OUFC website it doesn't have him listed as "In on loan".. https://www.oufc.co.uk/teams/first-team/

Have we signed him? I thought he was on loan and OOC in the summer
Might just be a rare mistake from the club. There's a contact us section at the bottom, maybe we could get in touch with interim head coach Craig Short and let him know.

Not a big issue in the scheme of things but pretty P**s poor and easy to fix. Not particularly professional, especially considering they've been over communicating with us.

Might just be a rare mistake from the club. There's a contact us section at the bottom, maybe we could get in touch with interim head coach Craig Short and let him know.

Not a big issue in the scheme of things but pretty P**s poor and easy to fix. Not particularly professional, especially considering they've been over communicating with us.
they're busy working on the CRM :unsure:

I like the lad but if that was Jack Stevens or Eastwood in goal today they would be getting absolute pelters.
I have to say I think we can do better...should be sounding out alternatives already IMO.

We should most definitely aspire to be securing the services of a permanent GK, that is both technically better in the position and who works in a better way. I have it on good authority that Cumming does not train in the same way as the other senior pros. He is often absent from the training ground when others are working.

We can do better and i think the club have already identified the GK position as a priority in the summer. I'd be very surprised to see us go down the loan route again.

I'm surprised that more people haven't posted about the way our defence has gone to s**t since Beadle left. MK guy is dodgy (well, he's a good shot stopper but doesn't inspire overall confidence in me) and I hope we sign someone better and on a permanent in the summer.

I'm surprised that more people haven't posted about the way our defence has gone to s**t since Beadle left. MK guy is dodgy (well, he's a good shot stopper but doesn't inspire overall confidence in me) and I hope we sign someone better and on a permanent in the summer.

Well, I've constantly said Cumming should be dropped and isn't good enough. I'd have Eastwood back in. Cumming is very similar to Jack Stevens in my opinion - gets beaten from distance or from the angle of the box when shots go across him, isn't commanding enough, don't think he's particularly brave, he's alright with the ball at his feet without being overly convincing and I just don't think he's a particularly good goalkeeper. He's nowhere near the class of Beadle and I don't think he's an upgrade on Stevens.

Well, I've constantly said Cumming should be dropped and isn't good enough. I'd have Eastwood back in. Cumming is very similar to Jack Stevens in my opinion - gets beaten from distance or from the angle of the box when shots go across him, isn't commanding enough, don't think he's particularly brave, he's alright with the ball at his feet without being overly convincing and I just don't think he's a particularly good goalkeeper. He's nowhere near the class of Beadle and I don't think he's an upgrade on Stevens.
I find him bloody awful with the ball at his feet. Either plays team mates into trouble, or hoofs it out of play.

We should most definitely aspire to be securing the services of a permanent GK, that is both technically better in the position and who works in a better way. I have it on good authority that Cumming does not train in the same way as the other senior pros. He is often absent from the training ground when others are working.

We can do better and i think the club have already identified the GK position as a priority in the summer. I'd be very surprised to see us go down the loan route again.

Absent in terms of not even at the training ground or absent as in he's there but can't be bothered to put the work in ? I imagine Price helped recruit Beadle but this signing of Cumming isn't enhancing his reputation one bit and surely a combination of Des, Price and the rest of the coaches have to address any ongoing issues surrounding his commitment. If rumours are to be believed, Burey is out of the picture because of punctuality and his lacklustre approach in training. If this is so, then why is Cumming being treated differently for what appears to be similar issues. Not the right message.

I find him bloody awful with the ball at his feet. Either plays team mates into trouble, or hoofs it out of play.
One of my main problems is his very casual nature when a relatively soft shot is hit directly at or near him. Quite often the ball will not be taken cleanly and as we saw at Portsmouth, he ended up pushing a soft one into the goal. I'd commented previously to people around me that I could see something similar happening.

I was pleased when he joined but generally have been disappointed with him, he's a big step down from Beadle and has cost us a few goals with some really poor mistakes. I still think he's the best keeper we have mind but I'd rather we looked elsewhere in the summer.

Snow in august before I put Eastwood in ahead of Cumming but I concur with the view that he probably isn’t the long term answer. Too many errors cancelling out the odd wonder-save. Again, not someone you can have in goal when facing as many shots as we do. I can see why he did well with Manning at MK since he won’t have been under fire nearly as much and very competent playing a short passing game.

He seems to have decent technique on the ball but almost appears lazy with it so the ball often misses the target when going longer. Saying that, at least he doesn’t look like a grenade is rolling towards him when given the ball so just stick with him, the grass is not greener with Eastwood.

Absent in terms of not even at the training ground or absent as in he's there but can't be bothered to put the work in ? I imagine Price helped recruit Beadle but this signing of Cumming isn't enhancing his reputation one bit and surely a combination of Des, Price and the rest of the coaches have to address any ongoing issues surrounding his commitment. If rumours are to be believed, Burey is out of the picture because of punctuality and his lacklustre approach in training. If this is so, then why is Cumming being treated differently for what appears to be similar issues. Not the right message.
Lots of jumping to conclusions there!

I hope we are, at least, taking a look at Alex Paulsen of Wellington Phoenix. 21 years old, good with the ball at his feet/distribution, in the air and shot stopping from watching plenty of their games in the A-League. Des B will know him from his time involved with the NZ age groups set up as well as when at Wellington. He has made a big step forward from his previous time with Phoenix's 1st team.

maybe another to consider is Luke southwood from Cheltenham. and his contract is up in the summer. just a thought

maybe another to consider is Luke southwood from Cheltenham. and his contract is up in the summer. just a thought
I know he's local but is he actually that good? Comfortable on the ball but I'm not sure he's particularly good at keeping it out the net.

I hear there's a good keeper in the Irish leagues who was rated high enough to move to an English club at our level. Just can be a bit ropey when coming out of his box.

Any takers?

Back
Top Bottom