Away Match Day Thread 09/03/2021 L1 Swindon Town v OUFC

I agree, there have been a number of times whern Taylor has been the wrong side of the goal or defender to score from the move being made ny our wide players.
He may be in the wrong position. Or the cross may be to the wrong place. You makes yer guess as to which it is

I am wondering with all their financial difficulties and ownership issues that last night might be the last local derby for a very long time.

Ha! I could only dream of being as calm as that gent sounds by comparison. I was positively rabid. The veins were legitimately popping out of my head. I thought I was going to pass out, but I just couldn’t stop screaming at them. They needed telling.

I was somewhere around the bottom right of the frame when it went in. By the time the game kicked off again I was about 30 yards further along the terrace and several rows closer to the front. You’ve got to move with the wave. Don’t fight it.
Paul Moody 1-1 at the county ground mid 1990s to this day is one of the best mentallers / limbs I can recall. We were stood on the seats and I ended up about 10 rows further forward nose diving head first in the rush . You can see the carnage on the Tim Russon footage

Caddis wasn’t happy after our first goal 3 mins in and they’re arguing big time total disarray amongst there ranks.

Just watched the game on iFollow. A few thoughts.

Firstly, their commentators give very balanced views. They praised Moore, Atkinson and Gorrin for the way they dealt with Swindon's occasional attacks and long balls towards Pitman. They described Lyden as wearing an Easter bonnet!

Secondly, I thought the ref had a decent game. He took his time when it came to giving out cards, and got most of the free kicks right. Lyden jumped into the challenge on Moore, but with one foot and he won the ball, which is what saved him from being sent off. With Sykes, it's really not clear how Lyden's face got cut like that, it just looked like Sykes did a niggly foul which knocked Lyden over, there was no sign of any stamping going on. I think that's what the linesman said to the ref. The penalty wasn't clear from the camera angle, it looked like the ball was quite a long way from Grant but it was a bit clumsy from Taylor.

Thirdly, Swindon offered nothing except in the final 3 minutes of the first half, and the first and last 3 minutes of the second half. The only problems they caused were self-induced, twice by Stevens coming out when he should have stayed put, and once with the penalty. Hopefully Stevens will learn from those mistakes.

We didn't play badly, but it was by no means perfect. We were a little disjointed, and we have to work out how to deal with teams who press us high up the pitch, as Swindon started to do towards the end. Swindon had a few good moments but were otherwise pretty woeful. The position they're in, with the owner running things down and with an unpopular manager and poor players, feels very similar to the last few years of Kassam's ownership.

We'll need to perform better and keep our key players fit if we're to challenge for the playoffs. We've still not beaten any of the teams around us other than Accrington, who are now struggling. The good news is that nobody else around us consistent either, with Portsmouth and Doncaster on a bad run. Every club is going to be suffering from injuries and tiredness over the coming weeks.

Paul Moody 1-1 at the county ground mid 1990s to this day is one of the best mentallers / limbs I can recall. We were stood on the seats and I ended up about 10 rows further forward nose diving head first in the rush . You can see the carnage on the Tim Russon footage
Agree with that, limbs everywhere!! Was my first Swindon away day

I saved this to sit down with a cup of tea and some ginger nuts I bought at the British store earlier in the week.

Who would have thought I could read every page, know that I’d get accused of being sad by them as their only riposte, and still enjoy every f*****g moment of it.

Thanks you scummy little clegnuts....hell of a century you’re having against us 🤣🤣🤣

#swindonsfailedcentury

Back
Top Bottom