Away Match Build Up 09/03/2021 L1 Swindon Town v OUFC

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday night’s Man In The Middle is Surrey based Charles Breakspear.
Refereed 25 matches this season issuing 97 yellows and six reds.
Sent off Alex Mowatt in Karl Robinson’s first Oxford game in March 2018
at Fratton Park.

First U’s game : Saturday 16th November 2013

Mansfield 1-3 Oxford Utd

Last U’s game : Tuesday 12th January 2021

Oxford Utd 1-0 Cambridge

DZNDMzyW0AAZ6Vj
And Mowatt deserved to be sent off but Thompson should also have gone for over, over, over oh and over playing the simulation of the little tap Mowatt gave.

Whether the fans think this is "just another game" is by the by. The team have to treat this as a match at a relegation candidate scrapping for points and be confident that they have achieved a huge amount of points in exactly the same situation this season. Empty ground, same as going to Rochdale, Wigan or anyone else and winning.

1-0 to us, Moore with the goal.

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Forde Brannagan
Sykes
Agyei Taylor

SUBS: Shodipo, Kelly, Barker, Hall, Grayson, Chambers-Parillon, Eastwood​

Really low on options out wide, Shodipo and Barker are simply not cutting the mustard, and will only make us weaker if they play from the start.

We need to start scoring again, and with no other real width available, let’s play to our current strengths, get two strikers on the pitch from the start, and play through the middle.

We desperately need our injured players to return, as another injury or two, and were buggered.

Any win will do!!

COYY

Last edited:
Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin
Forde Brannagan
Sykes
Agyei Taylor

SUBS: Shodipo, Kelly, Barker, Hall, Grayson, Chambers-Parillon, Eastwood​

Really low on options out wide, Shodipo and Barker are simply not cutting the mustard, and will only make us weaker if they play from the start.

We need to start scoring again, and with no other real width available, let’s play to our current strengths, get two strikers the pitch from the start, and play through the middle.

We desperately need our injured players to return, as another injury or two, and were buggered.

Any win will do!!

COYY
That is a filthy lineup. Hope KR sees sense

That is a filthy lineup. Hope KR sees sense
It's really not about seeing sense.
Many on here are coming up with different players/ formations. Are you suggesting that tueyvarwvall wrong, this isn't about opinions and he should do what you want?

I do wonder if this might be the sort of game that Barker can get up for. He seems the type who might enjoy a bigger stage. Clearly has the ability but no real consistency - maybe this could be his moment to step up?

I don’t think a lot of the players understood what this game means before the home fixture. A few of the players do through being local / having past experience of playing in them but that doesn’t do much for those with no reference point, which was the majority. With no crowd present they didn’t even get to have a moment during the warm-up where they could look around and go, “Okay... this isn’t a joke. It’s bigger than I thought.” Kelly’s comments after that game along the lines of “It’s a shame but we’ll be over it by Monday” showed that the scale of it wasn’t understood by some. I think it was only when they looked online after they got home that some of the players realised how wrong they got it. Not just from the reaction of our fans but the videos of the other lot dancing in the streets and letting off red smoke bombs. I honestly think too many of them thought, “How big can it really be?” That shouldn’t be a problem this time around.

I agree with your view that any win will do. We beat ourselves last time - let’s put it right.

I do wonder if this might be the sort of game that Barker can get up for. He seems the type who might enjoy a bigger stage. Clearly has the ability but no real consistency - maybe this could be his moment to step up?

I don’t think a lot of the players understood what this game means before the home fixture. A few of the players do through being local / having past experience of playing in them but that doesn’t do much for those with no reference point, which was the majority. With no crowd present they didn’t even get to have a moment during the warm-up where they could look around and go, “Okay... this isn’t a joke. It’s bigger than I thought.” Kelly’s comments after that game along the lines of “It’s a shame but we’ll be over it by Monday” showed that the scale of it wasn’t understood by some. I think it was only when they looked online after they got home that some of the players realised how wrong they got it. Not just from the reaction of our fans but the videos of the other lot dancing in the streets and letting off red smoke bombs. I honestly think too many of them thought, “How big can it really be?” That shouldn’t be a problem this time around.

I agree with your view that any win will do. We beat ourselves last time - let’s put it right.
I go as far as saying Karl Robinson and the entire first team squad owe the OUFC fanbase big time after that debacle earlier this season.... here's hoping they deliver, and (part) redeem themselves

I am pretty sure that if you sign up to the away stream oufc get all of your money?
For each individual fixture, an away allocation is agreed between both teams to determine the final revenue generated for each participating club, with previous away attendance figures used as a basis for this calculation.

The home team will receive all the revenue of Match Passes purchased by their supporters, whilst also receiving all away Match Pass purchases up to the total agreed away allocation. Any revenue generated above the agreed away allocation will go to the away team.

You'd assume they'd agree on a sell out of the away section. So Swindon getting that money, then we get anything beyond that, which you'd expect to be quite a lot!

STHs should be given a free stream.
I'm not giving £10 to the sc*m.

I think the club should push I Follow a bit more.

For away games my understanding is that OUFC get approximatly £8 per purchase once 500 are sold (i.e. home team gets revenue from first 500 away sales, then the away team gets the rest). So we sell 2500 for tomorrow night, Swindon get c£4k from Ox fans but OUFC get c£16k. Got the figures from a recent article about a game where Ipswich fans bought 5000 match passes. We'll easily sell 500 for tomorrow night, so why not buy one and help out OUFC?

By the way I saw your follow up post, and like you would much prefer to spend £25 and have the opportunity to trash the place!!

Surely we could sell 2500 + for tomorrow night?

I think the club should push I Follow a bit more.

For away games my understanding is that OUFC get approximatly £8 per purchase once 500 are sold (i.e. home team gets revenue from first 500 away sales, then the away team gets the rest). So we sell 2500 for tomorrow night, Swindon get c£4k from Ox fans but OUFC get c£16k. Got the figures from a recent article about a game where Ipswich fans bought 5000 match passes. We'll easily sell 500 for tomorrow night, so why not buy one and help out OUFC?

By the way I saw your follow up post, and like you would much prefer to spend £25 and have the opportunity to trash the place!!

Surely we could sell 2500 + for tomorrow night?
Id think there will be considerably more OUFC ifollow pass holders for tomorrow nights game, than there would be away enclosures ( Stratton Bank & one end section of the Arkell stand) ticket holders if we weren't in lockdown

Id think there will be considerably more OUFC ifollow pass holders for tomorrow nights game, than there would be away enclosures ( Stratton Bank & one end section of the Arkell stand) ticket holders if we weren't in lockdown
Yeah I wonder how many people are actually watching ifollow? The guys i go with aren’t bothering, despite being season ticket holders

That's the point. Players (and managers) come and go. Their commitment to the club is transitory compared to us fans. We have to live with a Swindon result for generations.

I desperately want a win tomorrow evening because it is Hull on Saturday
But my biggest worry is, where will the goal/s come from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom