Away Match Build Up 09/03/2021 L1 Swindon Town v OUFC

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox4Eva

Good to see the club having a match day live build up type show on you tube before every game for some views and news from the club.

Generally, they seem to have upped the content on social media etc. Lately, which is nice. Unsure if this is a pandemic thing or if it will stay once we are allowed back, though)

Yours and mine favourite derby. Must be worth 3 points.

Please please please can we not now suffer a couple of days of “this is a must-win” or, worse, “we’ll absolutely batter them”. The massive expectations before the previous encounter were the reasons for our defeat: KR was terrified of losing (well, worse: not winning) and this feeling transferred itself to the players on the day.
It’s a match we all know we can and should win, but let’s avoid the hysteria and the consequent pressure on the team as a whole.
And then we’ll beat them. 😊

Please please please can we not now suffer a couple of days of “this is a must-win” or, worse, “we’ll absolutely batter them”. The massive expectations before the previous encounter were the reasons for our defeat: KR was terrified of losing (well, worse: not winning) and this feeling transferred itself to the players on the day.
It’s a match we all know we can and should win, but let’s avoid the hysteria and the consequent pressure on the team as a whole.
Really 😳

I reckon this ll be back to winning ways, and in style....Matty Taylor back on form too ... fancy an impressive away win, sparking the start of another run and push on for the playoffs

Tuesday night’s Man In The Middle is Surrey based Charles Breakspear.
Refereed 25 matches this season issuing 97 yellows and six reds.
Sent off Alex Mowatt in Karl Robinson’s first Oxford game in March 2018
at Fratton Park.

First U’s game : Saturday 16th November 2013

Mansfield 1-3 Oxford Utd

Last U’s game : Tuesday 12th January 2021

Oxford Utd 1-0 Cambridge

DZNDMzyW0AAZ6Vj

Last edited:
Time for the 442 I reckon to stop the man upfront being isolated
Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Forde Gorrin Brannagan Barker
Agyei Taylor

Yesterday was Hanson’s best game in Yellow n Blue, dealt with Millar really well who is a really good player. 0-2 time for revenge.

We are due goals , what better place than the county ground , I’m expecting 3 points and getting this show back on the road

I agree. It was like roles reversed from previous fixtures against them. Whilst they had the bullish motormouth in Di Canio we had the stoical Wilder who just got on with it. KR kept talking about the importance of it and Sheridan stayed quiet. It was the quiet man who won out.

We need to pare it back. Just see it as a game to be won and ignore that it is a derby. There are no fans in attendance so it really can be seen as a task to be completed. I also hope that KR’s ambition to win isn’t overtaken by his desire to right the wrongs from the game at the KasStad. The horror show that ended that game and the performance of the subs still haunts him and he needs to ensure the performance is channeled in the right way. No revenge tackles or attempts to overforce the issue.

And if we win? I’ll make sure that I’m on the club website first thing on Wednesday for the commemorative mug and t-shirt combo too.

If things continue the way they are then it's a cert 0 - 0 draw. Otherwise a 1-0- loss in the 94th minute of the match.

Please, please, please make me wrong.

Info from a Swindon supporting mate; they were abject on Saturday and at half time two of the subs had a full scale scrap just outside the dressing room which was seen by an Accrington official.

All this talk about promotion, play offs. Forget it it means diddly squat. Who cares if we play 443, 442, 353 or what ever fanciful formation you can think off. Line ups starting 11’s blah blah blah. Not interested. Just beat the scum, I don’t care how but just beat them. On Wednesday we can’t start thinking of the important things again. Now Karl ( if he reads this ) I hope it hurt you like it hurt us when they beat us at home earlier. Do not let it happen again. COYY

I'll probably burn in hell for this, but I'd be happy to lose to the scum if it meant that we went on another amazing winning run, got automatic promotion, and next year were two entire leagues above them.

OK, I'll admit it, I'd be far far far far far happier if we beat them and also went on another winning...........

I also hope that KR’s ambition to win isn’t overtaken by his desire to right the wrongs from the game at the KasStad. The horror show that ended that game and the performance of the subs still haunts him
I hope that the horror show is still keeping those subs awake at night and that their desire to right the wrongs is absolutely paramount in their thoughts and ambitions and that they are given the chance to redeem themselves......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom