Away Match Day Thread 08/02/2022 L1: Accrington Stanley v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure that we would love automatic promotion.
To do this we really need to have a very good February ( run of games v mid table teams).
We'd 'love it' but perhaps don't totally 'aspire to it'. Bit of a subtle difference maybe. Accrington count as a decent team against whom an away point is welcome, but a win would be a real statement, fourth in a row.

Accrington 2-2 Oxford

Stevens
Forde Moore McNally Seddon
Kane Brannagan
Sykes McGuane Holland
Taylor

We'd 'love it' but perhaps don't totally 'aspire to it'. Bit of a subtle difference maybe. Accrington count as a decent team against whom an away point is welcome, but a win would be a real statement, fourth in a row.
Didn't the oeners say that they wanted promotion in the next 2 to 3 years?
I reckon they aspire to go up pretty soon.

Didn't the oeners say that they wanted promotion in the next 2 to 3 years?
I reckon they aspire to go up pretty soon.
They said two years. Would be silly not to aspire to get in the automatics when currently sat in fifth.

Who knows what could happen next season, we could just be mid table.

Win your home games and draw away at decent teams will get you promoted. Plus I'm not sure we do aspire to automatic promotion.
Accrington are 15th, have lost more games than they’ve won so far this season and looking at recent form haven’t won a single game in their last 6 (picking up 4 points from a possible 18) which includes two losses in their last three games. Not sure they’re what you’d call a ‘decent side’

Safe journey to all the travelling yellows tonight as I'm set to miss my first match of the season due to a unfortunate double whammy! My dad has fell seriously unwell and is now in the jr and to cap it all and this has probably grounded me for all the right reasons I have picked up a bloody virus (lft negative still) as well.

Atm all I can think about is my dad's rubbish handiwork in making me a box back in the mid to late 60's and painting it with the most awful blue paint for me to stand on in the Osler Road near to where the dug outs were. Mick Brown out!

What a geezer...my dad that is!

COYY'S
Bloody hell that's where I stood as a kid with my dad.
With my gold & black , hat, scarf, rossete & wooden rattle hahaha come on the manor.

Accrington are 15th, have lost more games than they’ve won so far this season and looking at recent form haven’t won a single game in their last 6 (picking up 4 points from a possible 18) which includes two losses in their last three games. Not sure they’re what you’d call a ‘decent side’
Oh OK, last time I looked they were about ninth! Still, they're always tough opponents and have beaten us plenty of times in the last few years.

Got a weirdly bad feeling about this one. I just feel like we're due a disappointing defeat or bore draw after such a positive run of games - been happening that way all season!

Ideally we need at least 22 points from the last 16 games to all but ensure playoffs. If we can pick up half of those points before March I'll be a very happy man. We'd then have to average a point a game over the remaining fixtures which is easily doable despite our tricky run in.

They’ve beat Rotherham and drew 1-1 with Sunderland & MK Dons in recent home games. They’re a decent side when they play the bigger sides at home. A point wouldn’t be the end of the world

Got a weirdly bad feeling about this one. I just feel like we're due a disappointing defeat or bore draw after such a positive run of games - been happening that way all season!

Ideally we need at least 22 points from the last 16 games to all but ensure playoffs. If we can pick up half of those points before March I'll be a very happy man. We'd then have to average a point a game over the remaining fixtures which is easily doable despite our tricky run in.
A win tonight feels like it could almost have us dreaming of automatics which is why I also have this bad feeling. Whenever we seem to flirt with that we seem to get a "reality check" result.

Going to be an interesting night's set of games - six of the top 8/9 are away at sides in the bottom 8/9, so wonder which will get across the line and which will slip up?

Going to be an interesting night's set of games - six of the top 8/9 are away at sides in the bottom 8/9, so wonder which will get across the line and which will slip up?
hoping were not one of the slip -ups ..... grind out a win anywhich way please Oxford

Safe journey to all the travelling yellows tonight as I'm set to miss my first match of the season due to a unfortunate double whammy! My dad has fell seriously unwell and is now in the jr and to cap it all and this has probably grounded me for all the right reasons I have picked up a bloody virus (lft negative still) as well.

Atm all I can think about is my dad's rubbish handiwork in making me a box back in the mid to late 60's and painting it with the most awful blue paint for me to stand on in the Osler Road near to where the dug outs were. Mick Brown out!

What a geezer...my dad that is!

COYY'S

Hope all works out well for you both and we get a win to give you all a boost!

• React
Reactions: MJB
I’ve got a really good feeling about this one , comfortable 2-0 win

looks pretty good
but resting Sykes, Taylor, Bodin, Seddon, Williams, Winnall
too many changes methinks

2 points a game over the season is usually promotion or playoffs
We're on course for that I think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom