Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Away Win

Votes: 11 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJB

Will have to see them again but the second red looked like a red to me and it looked like a penalty from a distance too. Didn’t see the Harris red but we’ve seen them happen unfortunately.

I stand to be corrected on that, and the ref and officials did make a number of less significant errors, but I’m not sure if he got those big calls wrong.

What worried me as soon as it happened was our players sprinting back to the halfway line after scoring as they clearly thought we could get a winner.

If you’ve been down to ten for much of the second half and you get a late equaliser, I think you need to be smarter and accept you’ve got a get-of-jail point.

Having a second man sent off when you’re already down to ten and have just scored a late equaliser - very naive.

We needed calmer heads at the end there and have lost what could have been a valuable point against a decent, albeit attritional, team.

Last edited:
On to Saturday! Hoping we can get the 10k. Not gonna bother guessing the line-up this time.

Should be a tougher test than yesterday.

On the plus side -they have a few injuries.
On the down side - they often win here and they've managed to get a point off of Portsmouth and Barnsley.

1696452047637.png

COYY!!

We're in great form but they're also coming off the back of a good result. They've had a few results at our place recently and in Joey Barton they have one of the truly underrated brains of lower league football management.

I'd take a point.

When I was walking back to BBL after the game, a guy said to his mate “I’ll believe we can go up if we beat Rovers”.

They are our bogey team so I have to agree with that statement.

2-1 to us.

Our league form this season has been LWWWWLWWWW? Let's hope for another win.

Seems odd to say after a 3 nil win but we could do with creating more chances.

The Gas feel like a bogey side, would be great to put that right.

I would expect manning to revert to 4-2-3-1 for this game but who knows currently since have one convincingly playing both formations.

Just a reminder that as the match DOES NOT kick off at 3PM it IS available on the iFollow service within the UK

Just a reminder that the players need us there against what will be a well supported and vocal Bristol Rovers.

If you can make it, and I know that early kick offs are hard for some, but if you can get there then turn out in numbers and flood the stadium in yellow. Our team deserves it.

Just a reminder that the players need us there against what will be a well supported and vocal Bristol Rovers.

If you can make it, and I know that early kick offs are hard for some, but if you can get there then turn out in numbers and flood the stadium in yellow. Our team deserves it.
Absolutely, totally agree. Get your arses to OX4

Rovers have scored 14 in their last 6 games (only one less than we’ve managed) - Shrewsbury had scored a grand total of 0 in the same run before playing us.

I think it’s safe to say that they will carry a lot more goal threat than we saw on Tuesday night!

I think we will win 5-1 ( yes I know but 3 is the new 5) I've predicted this scoreline for every one of our last 4 wins except one where I said 5-2 😀

It's going to be a tough game this is definitely the sort of game we would usually lose but this season feels different.The players are being coached properly they have idea of what they are supposed to be doing

I can't wait until Saturday 💛💙

Rovers have scored 14 in their last 6 games (only one less than we’ve managed) - Shrewsbury had scored a grand total of 0 in the same run before playing us.

I think it’s safe to say that they will carry a lot more goal threat than we saw on Tuesday night!
They are a very attacking side, so it will be a more entertaining game than Wednesday night.
They do seem pretty inconsistent.
I have no idea how Manning will set up the team for this one. Again, it is one of those games where, if we are the real deal and are going to come in the Top 2, we really need to be winning.

They are a very attacking side, so it will be a more entertaining game than Wednesday night.
They do seem pretty inconsistent.
I have no idea how Manning will set up the team for this one. Again, it is one of those games where, if we are the real deal and are going to come in the Top 2, we really need to be winning.
Wednesday 😄 I should imagine that was boring

Rovers have got some excellent players. Jack Hunt is a player I always hoped to see here one day ever since he played against us for Grays in 2010. Comfortably the best right back in L1 for my money, even at 32. They’ve got a lot of quality in midfield and up top and are getting better as the season progresses - three wins out of their last four while scoring lots of goals. Plus we know that Barton is always a character and have had almost no luck against him over the years.

It has all the ingredients of a cracking game and will likely be our sternest test since August. They’ll come to win and hopefully that will result in an open and entertaining match. Can’t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom