Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Away Win

Votes: 11 14.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJB

Will have to see them again but the second red looked like a red to me and it looked like a penalty from a distance too. Didn’t see the Harris red but we’ve seen them happen unfortunately.

I stand to be corrected on that, and the ref and officials did make a number of less significant errors, but I’m not sure if he got those big calls wrong.

What worried me as soon as it happened was our players sprinting back to the halfway line after scoring as they clearly thought we could get a winner.

If you’ve been down to ten for much of the second half and you get a late equaliser, I think you need to be smarter and accept you’ve got a get-of-jail point.

Having a second man sent off when you’re already down to ten and have just scored a late equaliser - very naive.

We needed calmer heads at the end there and have lost what could have been a valuable point against a decent, albeit attritional, team.

Last edited:
Taking my 2 boys to their first ever game, and my first in a long time so apologies if it all goes Pete Tong for the U's!
Dreading getting parked/getting out more so though...
Welcome back and hope your lads enjoy the game.

Thinking draw on this one.. This will be a tough game their record against us is ridiculous at home.

First 'live' game of the season for me, bringing a couple of mates one of whom I don't think has ever seen an Oxford win stretching back a number of years.

Records are meant to be broken right? Right?

First 'live' game of the season for me, bringing a couple of mates one of whom I don't think has ever seen an Oxford win stretching back a number of years.

Records are meant to be broken right? Right?
No, I'm sorry and this may sound harsh, but he can't come. I don't make the rules!

If we finally beat Rovers at home I'll fully start believing this is our year.
Yes, I’m finding myself thinking like this.

Obviously we were all shocked and hurt by the disastrous start at Cambridge and Bristol City. Then, when we started winning including very credible away wins at Derby and Barnsley, I kept thinking ‘Well, it’s early days yet’. Then we unfairly lost to Port Vale and I thought ‘Ah, our usual rotten luck will scupper us’. Then when we played a Shrewsbury side who literally could not score a goal I was expecting a win.

But if we manage to beat Bristol bloody Rovers, with Joey Barton in charge, in an early kickoff (could throw us off) with a big crowd in attendance, to go top of the league (albeit maybe temporarily) with nearly a quarter of the season gone… well, that will mark the point where I start to believe that something absolutely massive could well be brewing this season.

Still trying to allow the positivity in, but as it worked last time, it's 3-0 again for me.

And I can go as well 😮

So far this season, a 100% win record when I'm in attendance.

Mrs L and I are actually excited about going to games again. Last season (and quite a bit of the last 5 years) we were having to remind ourselves that we were supporters with season tickets and therefore had to go.
So, breakfast at F&Bs and onto the game. Can't wait. Couple of kids on Christmas Eve! :LOL:

When did we last beat a Joey Barton team? Fleetwood used to be our bogey side under him. I remember a 3-0 win over Rovers but think that was before he joined.

When did we last beat a Joey Barton team? Fleetwood used to be our bogey side under him. I remember a 3-0 win over Rovers but think that was before he joined.
He’s always been a banana skin for us as he thrives as the underdog, particularly against teams with a soft underbelly. This feels like a year of firsts and kicking trends out of the park.

It’s a bit of a throwaway phrase that you can use for different matches but ‘these are the games you need to win’ if you’re going to win a league. It’s teams like this that present the toughest tests because we can forget about them playing fair, it will be any means necessary. Though, I do expect them to knock it about better than most. It’s a decent little squad they’ve got there.

All about showing them the appropriate level of respect, going toe to toe when we have to but most importantly control of the game will be non-negotiable if we are going to win. We’ve lost the psychological battle time after time vs Barton sides.

Fascinating game and we’ll learn a huge amount more about our credentials. Looking forward to what should be a pretty fiery, lively game.

3-2 for me. Bodin to get a couple.

Built a good side has Barton, and I imagine they'll come with all the shithousery and mind-games we're used to seeing from them by now.

Something's different this year though, and it looks like Manning's composure is infectious.

2-1 Yellows. Sparky and Cam.

Of our two defeats this season, we had a brief spell against Cambridge where you could see what we were trying to do before Brown gives the ball away and Beadle palms it straight to their player and we're one nil down. We then panicked a little and quickly conceded a second and there was no way back. Port Vale we were beginning to take control when we lost Harris and then went behind. Even then we managed to get back into the game before imploding.

We've looked to control every other game, including some decent teams in Derby, Barnsley and Exeter. Bristol Rovers are no mugs, and will be well organised and up for the fight. But we've beaten better teams (Barnsley), better organised teams (Exeter), tougher teams (Stevenage) and better managers (Derby) - and we've beat them all.

Absolutely nothing to fear tomorrow, and absolutely no reason not to turn up in huge numbers to see us win!

I belive in the earlier point, if we win - this year is on for us. I always see BR as a bogey team.

I wonder who will play right back?

Is that right about Murphy, injured?
Please could someone list the actual list of injuries. Many thanks.
Wasn't that just a comment that the preceding post hadn't mentioned those 2 players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom