Away Match Day Thread +++ 07/07/19 PSF: - Glasgow Rangers v OUFC MDT +++

Pretty much what I expected even from a 2nd string team.

Most disappointing thing was no test for the defence, even against the team from Gibraltar I'm sure we will face more nervous and dangerous situations so lack of pressure was a real negative for the team.

Decent crowd too considering the lower level opposition, sure it will be the highest attendance most of the Oxford players will experience this year and think the game will benefit them more than it did Rangers.

The real stuff happens for us on Tuesday and I expect a much tougher game as it's a competitive match so expect the players to play with a far higher tempo than they did today.

Good luck for the season Oxford and thank you for much needed game time.

Btw Rangers are called the teddy bears as it's Glaswegian rhyming slang, among a few other nicknames.

Pretty much what I expected even from a 2nd string team.

Most disappointing thing was no test for the defence, even against the team from Gibraltar I'm sure we will face more nervous and dangerous situations so lack of pressure was a real negative for the team.

Decent crowd too considering the lower level opposition, sure it will be the highest attendance most of the Oxford players will experience this year and think the game will benefit them more than it did Rangers.

The real stuff happens for us on Tuesday and I expect a much tougher game as it's a competitive match so expect the players to play with a far higher tempo than they did today.

Good luck for the season Oxford and thank you for much needed game time.

Btw Rangers are called the teddy bears as it's Glaswegian rhyming slang, among a few other nicknames.
Good luck to you guys next season. Soft spot for Rangers. Won't be biggest attendance this season for us though that'll be first game of the season Sunderland away.

Good luck to you guys next season. Soft spot for Rangers. Won't be biggest attendance this season for us though that'll be first game of the season Sunderland away.

Well I hope you smash the mackems.

Btw there stadium is smaller, so be interesting to see if there fans actually support the club now they are down another league.......I will look out for it with my Oxford glasses on ?

Btw there stadium is smaller, so be interesting to see if there fans actually support the club now they are down another league.......I will look out for it with my Oxford glasses on ?
They were in our league last season as well - and their support wasn't brilliant: very entitled and we're too big for this league etc...

I was hoping they were giving us 100% tempo with how effectively they tore through us!

Oh, how I'm looking forward to us facing 35 year old journeymen midfielders again soon...

Your rangers tv commentators were a bit to biased but fair play we did play a good side. It was interesting to hear the commentator saying Rangers has sold 1 or 2 Season tickets and you have a queue 46 k very impressive how do you compete with Queens Park?

Christ, even Celtic fans would be embarrassed using that patter.

Anyway how does it feel to watch your team getting humped by a club only a few years old? ?

1. No, they’d be more embarrassed by the claiming of the history, but the denial of the debt and other responsibilities. What the rest of us might call “cheating”.

2. In a pre-season friendly? Not sure any of us give a flying one, old son.

1. No, they’d be more embarrassed by the claiming of the history, but the denial of the debt and other responsibilities. What the rest of us might call “cheating”.

2. In a pre-season friendly? Not sure any of us give a flying one, old son.

Rangers are a fine club, a support that no team can match and the most successful side in world football

I don't agree at all. In my opinion, you start with the other games we've got this week and work your way up to stiffer tests - and hopefully by the time you get there more of your signings have arrived. An incomplete squad being made to look substandard by a far from full-strength Rangers outfit is not brilliant. I'm not sure this match actually tells us that much, even if we then do somewhat better against QPR and Fulham.

Edit - still, a nice day out for those who went, I'm sure and I hope they enjoyed it.
Qpr and Fulham are better than Rangers

Rangers are a fine club, a support that no team can match and the most successful side in world football
One thing to consider though is that the standard of football in Scotland is absolute s**t.Replace Rangers with half the football league and theyd be able to claim the same.

Funny I was reading the comments earlier and a lot were imo border line racist.
A lot of ignorant posters slagging off an entire league and set of supporters when they clearly lack any proper football knowledge.

The irony of their mutual hatred is that without each other they’d be husks of themselves. Perpetual winners of a minor league.

Think of Rangers and one thinks immediately of Celtic and vice versa.

It’s truly unique. Other famous rivalries all take place in larger and higher profile leagues.
Humped 5 nil from minor league team,doesn't say much about Oxford .stick to league 1 clown

I have been involved in a few team building exercises over the years. In general the goal of team building is to create a more cohesive, effective team. So pre-season take the squad away for warm weather fitness training, integrate any new team members. Sounds easy, all good so far.

Fly them to Scotland to get trounced by a second-string Rangers team and I believe travel home from Glasgow the same evening on a coach. Not sure if some of the "good" that had undoubtedly been achieved in the Algarve may have been undone. Perhaps I am being cynical, there must have been some money incentive ie share of gate receipts otherwise I don’t get it.

One thing to consider though is that the standard of football in Scotland is absolute s**t.Replace Rangers with half the football league and theyd be able to claim the same.
So that says a lot about us then?

Rangers are one of the biggest clubs in world football

Funny I was reading the comments earlier and a lot were imo border line racist.
A lot of ignorant posters slagging off an entire league and set of supporters when they clearly lack any proper football knowledge.

Racist??!! Come on, I'm sure you've heard a lot worse? You've come on to another teams forum and get a little sensitive to mild banter!

Back
Top Bottom