Away Match Day Thread +++ 11/07/2019 PSF: Brackley Town v OUFC MDT +++

OM re Hall not in last night PSF squad .... (apologies if already posted) ....

Mmm. I get how the club are looking after Robbie Hall. He had a few minutes at the end of last season, appeared to be working a lot of the summer and has had a pretty full pre season.
I wonder if this is potentially serious or whether after the operation he had, this is normal?

Mmm. I get how the club are looking after Robbie Hall. He had a few minutes at the end of last season, appeared to be working a lot of the summer and has had a pretty full pre season.
I wonder if this is potentially serious or whether after the operation he had, this is normal?
Hall not playing on City' 4G artificial pitch made sense on tues ... leaving him out last night also makes sense too, wouldnt want too many non league cloggers mistiming a tackle ( like the one he was on the end of V thame !!!) and potentially ending his career .... City players on tues certainly were dishing out crunching tackles, and other elements of the dark arts, away from the officials not too watchful eyes... few spicey/ mistimed tackles off Thame players I believe ... probably last night too ?

Last edited:
Hall not playing on City' 4G artificial pitch made sense on tues ... leaving him out last night also makes sense too, wouldnt want too many non league cloggers mistiming a tackle ( like the one he was on the end of V thame !!!) and potentially ending his career .... City players on tues certainly were dishing out crunching tackles, and other elements of the dark arts, away from the officials not too watchful eyes... few spicey/ mistimed tackles off Thame players I believe ... probably last night too ?

I know the local games are all about minimal transport and planning, getting a good local crowd out and everything, but to be honest I could do without them if the opposition are just a bunch of filthy scumbags. Every year we have the same debate about the OCFC 4G pitch and some absolute weapon "mistiming" a tackle for bragging rights down the pub. If the quality of the opposition isn't good enough then we should look elsewhere.

I thought that the Thame players 'mistimed' their tackles far more than the City players did.
They play a couple of levels lower so whether this was part of the reason I dont know.

I thought that the Thame players 'mistimed' their tackles far more than the City players did.
They play a couple of levels lower so whether this was part of the reason I dont know.
Agreed, some of the Thame tackles were shockers and one that even got a player 'removed' from play by the ref. One tackle on hall and another on brannagan especially were poor and one on lofthouse in the first half was a naughty hack.

I wasnt at Thame game but was at CPf ... but can well believe there was more 'mistimed' tackles at Thame

with City PSF's ... theyre never too friendly, as theres generally several former OUFC players playing for City , who may have a point, of sorts, to prove ?

He pulled out of the warm up was having a debate with CS and Amey was called across, pretty long debate Robbie seemed to be pointing to the playing surface a lot in this discussion. His body language did not look a happy bunny, and then although on the teamsheet he was pulled, fair enough. Saw all three of these games and a few of the tackles were totally unnecessary IMO. The games should be about both teams getting fitness levels up, what bragging rights it gives you to risk ruining someone's season or worse is beyond my comprehension.

He pulled out of the warm up was having a debate with CS and Amey was called across, pretty long debate Robbie seemed to be pointing to the playing surface a lot in this discussion. His body language did not look a happy bunny, and then although on the teamsheet he was pulled, fair enough. Saw all three of these games and a few of the tackles were totally unnecessary IMO. The games should be about both teams getting fitness levels up, what bragging rights it gives you to risk ruining someone's season or worse is beyond my comprehension.

It is the same mentality as those morons who play local football with the intent of having a ruck/doing dangerous challenges as the norm rather than just having a game of football.

remember quite a few seasons ago when a PSF at CPF saw most of City's outfeild players specifically targetting Beano and meting out some particularly nasty challenges on him... different set up at City now - &theres been several since then , nonetheless i do wonder what kind of pre match instructions to players are actually giver to non league players when facing league sides in PSFs?

remember quite a few seasons ago when a PSF at CPF saw most of City's outfeild players specifically targetting Beano and meting out some particularly nasty challenges on him... different set up at City now - &theres been several since then , nonetheless i do wonder what kind of pre match instructions to players are actually giver to non league players when facing league sides in PSFs?
Remember that game! I can't remember who the manager was at the time (wilder I think) but he said he would think twice before playing OCFC again because it was completely uncalled-for.

Remember that game! I can't remember who the manager was at the time (wilder I think) but he said he would think twice before playing OCFC again because it was completely uncalled-for.

Iirc we didn't play them for a fair few seasons and played Didcot instead.

That was personal between the two players involved

Do you seriously think that non league managers are sending their teams out to injure oxford in their biggest income match of the season? In a friendly? Why would they, the only prize is oxford agreeing to come back next year!

The Thame bench were on top of any thame players who misjudged a tackle, and told KR at HT that they had been told again to be careful. I'm sure city and brackley did the same. They will all be desperate for united to come back next year.

Last edited:
I suspect any mistimed tackles were actually just that - a result of a lack of ability or match fitness rather than anything more sinister. Some footballers are a bit 'agricultural' at the best of times, no matter how careful they've been told to be!

Where's Eastwood? Injured, choosing new furniture, or.....
Rested, giving Stevens pitchtime I would have thought is the most likely (but least conspiratorial) answer.... doesn;t mean he didnt take the opportunity for a bit of late-night shopping though

Back
Top Bottom