+++ 27/07/19 PSF SOLIHULL MOORS V OUFC +++

Preseason games count for nothing results wise, so not bothered by the scores either way, just a shame that we haven’t managed to get more players in and match fit/sharp and into an organised team by now, could be a another case of playing catch up this season so hope the loanees we bring in our up to that.
But what have the preseason games shown us, that we’re pretty woeful and unless by some sort of magic KR manages to increase the squad by next week then our whole season could be woeful, we weren’t that good against a top half conference side today....maybe that’s our limit and then hopefully the Thai and Indonesians can f**k of

Jeez Robinson is sounding a bit unhinged tonight?! I’m struggling to keep up with him but I THINK he’s saying that the owners are concentrating investment into stadium and training ground so that the club has a solid future, rather than playing budget?

He’s also admitting to being burnt out, before the seasons even started. Not a good situation

Jeez Robinson is sounding a bit unhinged tonight?! I’m struggling to keep up with him but I THINK he’s saying that the owners are concentrating investment into stadium and training ground so that the club has a solid future, rather than playing budget?

He’s also admitting to being burnt out, before the seasons even started. Not a good situation
I refuse to believe it. He needs better sources and to be more positive. Everything is great!

We deffo need a new training ground, be nearly a year since we had one of those.

Just listened to Karl’s post match interview and he seemed okay if still frustrated by the situation.
He confirmed that Gavin Whyte is as good as gone.
That money is there for additions, and it is unconnected to his potential transfer.
He is still hopeful of getting bodies through the door.

Who would own the training ground if it were purchased? Oxford United or a holding company set up by our owner, who nicked all the land Reading previously had?

Asking for a friend.
Quit with the cynicism Ryan, Tiger is just a kindly entrepreneur who loves the name Oxford and got a few of his friends in to help us out. Championship, investment, wow!

As if it would be about land (even with Horst Geike now on the board of the company that stripped Readings land) As if!!!!

Quit with the cynicism Ryan, Tiger is just a kindly entrepreneur who loves the name Oxford and got a few of his friends in to help us out. Championship, investment, wow!

As if it would be about land (even with Horst Geike now on the board of the company that stripped Readings land) As if!!!!
Thames Valley Royals anyone?

I went to Solihull yesterday. I was left with a few lasting images of the day.

1. Robbo spent most of the pre match 'warm up' isolated in the corner away to our right. Leaning against the fence with a mobile clamped to his ear, there were more shakes of his head than there were nods. He did not look very happy.
2. Darryl appears to have got his temporary stand at last.
3. The same temporary stand was covered....but it might as well not have been.
4. My heart sank (justifiably, it turned out) when I saw the size of the ref....without doubt he was practicing for his next appearance at the Kashstad.

The game? OK as light entertainment,I guess. But as ever, it seems, our play in the final third needs sorting out PDQ if we are to have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom