Away Match Day Thread +++ 07/07/19 PSF: - Glasgow Rangers v OUFC MDT +++

Bollox, bollox, bollox, bollox .... we look like cannon fodder for Gerrards squad

I'm wondering what the point of this friendly was. As a first pre-season match it looks horribly misjudged.

Thanks for keeping on saying this, despite everyone else disagreeing with you. Most others don't think we need a new striker.

Certainly a new forward, despite our front three being the only bright light of a poor first half, would have helped us to stop conceding those poorly defended goals.
Not everyone disagrees. Do you seriously think we would be OK with Mackie being our only out and out striker? Still think we need 2, if we go into the season with Mackie, new striker and Whyte think we'd leave ourselves a little light for wingers, Id rather see 2 strikers than relying on whyte at ST. Still think we could do with a CB or 2 and a fullback

Long has been put a bit on toast in this try out it seems from commentary ..but this is what these games are about to see who and how that works.

I'm wondering what the point of this friendly was. As a first pre-season match it looks horribly misjudged.

Why? It's a yardstick. We finish with games against QPR and Fulham, so we can see how we shape up after a roster of games against squads of similar quality.

Not everyone disagrees. Do you seriously think we would be OK with Mackie being our only out and out striker? Still think we need 2, if we go into the season with Mackie, new striker and Whyte think we'd leave ourselves a little light for wingers, Id rather see 2 strikers than relying on whyte at ST. Still think we could do with a CB or 2 and a fullback

Is there a better way of indicating sarcasm on this forum? I need to know.

Let’s get the Rangers player Ojo I think that’s how it’s spoken on loan

I've a feeling there could well be a couple of loanees from Rangers coming our way before the season starts

Back
Top Bottom