• SUB: Griffiths

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • SUB: Elliott-Wheeler

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • SUB: Rodrigues

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely zero benefit in starting Simon Eastwood. We know what he can (and can't) do.

McGinty is the one who needs games and can at least learn the style needed for our system should the unthinkable happen to Beadle.

And before the Eastwood Enthusiasts come after me - yes he has a new contract, yes he is on the bench ahead of McGinty - but for me that's a short term emergency if Beadle is sent off or injured mid-game (the last thing we'd need is McGinty playing sweeper).

But Eastwood can't be the Beadle stand-in for any run of games without us having to completely change our style. He simply doesn't have the feet for it. It would negatively impact the whole defence (the likes of Moore and even Brown have looked more comfortable knowing they can, if under pressure, play it back to Beadle).

Ideally McGinty gets a Conference loan (good luck finding a club that plays 'our' way though) and can then be recalled if needs be. But for now, at the very least, he must play in the Trophy.

I know red cards in the league don't count in this, but do red cards in this count in the league?

Assuming Gats is injured, hopefully recovering...

Eastwood
Youth team RB, Moore, Negru, Youth team LB,
McEachran, Johnson
Mills, Smyth, Edwards,
Harris

Subs, McGinty, Brannagan, Bodin, McGuane, Murphy, Woltman, Rodrigues

Last edited:
If Sam Long isn’t fit, we don’t actually have any senior fullbacks, do we? The other three are all on international duty! Who are the youth fullbacks and does anyone know if they’re any good!?

More options further forward. Chance for McEachran, Mills & Edwards to start?

I actually would like to see a youth team lad who plays full back playing there if we have no one else to play in that position, it’s the paint pot, if you can’t give a kid a run out in the most tinpot tournament when can you?

Last edited:
Play the fringe players, and start with Donks and Perkins up top.

I agree I’d put McGinty in goal too.

Eastwood
Johnson, Moore, Negru, Long
McEachran Smyth
Woltman
Murphy, Harris, Edwards

Subs: McGinty, GOD, McGuane, Brannagan, Rodders, Youth player, Youth player

Eastwood
Long Moore Negru
McEachran
Branagan maguane
Mills woltman Edwards
Harris
🙂

I know red cards in the league don't count in this, but do red cards in this count in the league?

Assuming Gats is injured, hopefully recovering...

Eastwood
Youth team RB, Moore, Negru, Youth team LB,
McEachran, Johnson
Mills, Smyth, Edwards,
Harris

Subs, McGinty, Brannagan, Bodin, McGuane, Murphy, Woltman, Rodrigues
No...from the OS "Suspensions for cards shown in the EFL Trophy are specific to that competition."

fancy itll be an away win- albeit the Pizza trophy is a bit of a crap competition

Selection rules (assuming not changed from last season)
  • Minimum of four qualifying outfield players in starting XI. A qualifying outfield player is one who meets any of the following requirements:
    • Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture.
    • Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who has made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions this season.
    • Any player with forty or more first-team starting appearances in their career, including International matches.
    • Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL Category One Academy club.
  • A club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the competition.
  • Any player out on a long loan term at a National League, National League North, or National League South team can play as long as the loaning team agree to allow the player to return for the match.
Eastwood
Full back 1
Moore
Negru
Full back 2
McEachran
Smyth
Edwards
Bodin
Mills
Harris

I had spotted the rule around loan players and wondered if James Golding might be considered, but having looked it up, he only signed for a month at Dartford so probably doesn't count.

Selection rules (assuming not changed from last season)
  • Minimum of four qualifying outfield players in starting XI. A qualifying outfield player is one who meets any of the following requirements:
    • Any player who started the previous or following first-team fixture.
    • Any player who is in the top 10 players at the club who has made the most starting appearances in league and domestic cup competitions this season.
    • Any player with forty or more first-team starting appearances in their career, including International matches.
    • Any player on loan from a Premier League club or any EFL Category One Academy club.
  • A club can play any eligible goalkeeper in the competition.
  • Any player out on a long loan term at a National League, National League North, or National League South team can play as long as the loaning team agree to allow the player to return for the match.
Eastwood
Full back 1
Moore
Negru
Full back 2
McEachran
Smyth
Edwards
Bodin
Mills
Harris

I had spotted the rule around loan players and wondered if James Golding might be considered, but having looked it up, he only signed for a month at Dartford so probably doesn't count.
cheers for explaining the current rolling, ever changing 'rules' for selection requirements for the pizza trophy @captainox

what is the requirements to player eligibility should a club have ( lets say 6 ;-) ) international call ups? - is there a contigiency factored in for that, or will EFL make that one up to suit?

cheers for explaining the current rolling, ever changing 'rules' for selection requirements for the pizza trophy @captainox

what is the requirements to player eligibility should a club have ( lets say 6 ;-) ) international call ups? - is there a contigiency factored in for that, or will EFL make that one up to suit?
I doubt they have one.

But given the centre back and striker availability - Moore Negru and Harris get us 3 'qualifying players' straight away. So you then only need 1 of Brannagan/Bodin/Mcguane/Rodrigues to start and you've got your 4 qualifying players satisfying the first bullet point.
And that's without looking to mix and match across the bullet point criteria.

We're fine against all the bullet points (individually or as a combination) even with the 6 missing.

P**s pot trophy Kelvin will have said to win and put one over us.
Depending on line up we should win this

Nothing screams 'tinpot competition' more than weird imposed selection criteria.

The EFL are the ones who further devalued an already cr*p competition, so for them to impose any rules on the competing clubs is absolutely galling.

Clubs should be free to play whoever they want with no restrictions - youth team, squad players, the physio. If they don't care about winning, so be it.

Clubs will give the competition the respect it deserves. If they're playing 'weakened' teams then it's the fault of the competition (and those running it) for being sh*te.

It's not the responsibility of competing clubs to prop it up and try and ensure it's credibility - especially for the benefit of an organisation that doesn't give a f*ck themselves.

The whole competiton is a ridiculous charade.

Back
Top Bottom