Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perkins

• Woltman

• Total voters

Malc

Staff member
A win tonight please. Just to keep the roll going. Big test Saturday.

And of course to celebrate the purchase/lease of the Triangle 🥳

wasnt at the game ( Jerome) , didn't even listen live

looking from the outside in , ( and I do quite rate Leigh for his attacking abilities etc) , a concern I have is that's two games where Leighs decision making when defending hasn't been great - two yellows V Vale , gave away a pen in pizza trophy V MKd
I thought McEachran gave away the penalty.

How did Perkins get on last night? Yesterday was a really hectic day so I didn't have much of a chance to follow the game or any fan feedback.
Showed some skill and signs of quality but was played deeper and clearly not up to speed or used to the pace and physicality at this level. The franchise were aggressive, energetic and up for it last night, credit to them. It was a terrible game. Overall it was one of those where we changed so much in key areas that the whole system floundered. I wouldn't personally draw too many conclusions about individuals from it, especially the new boys - pretty much every vertebrae of the team's spine was missing. Having said that it does look as though Josh Mceachran is not the kind of midfielder who can hold things together with kids in the middle and we do need either Cam or McGuane in the team at this stage to compete in midfield. Special mention has to go to one individual though - Josh Murphy was at a completely different level to anyone on the pitch creatively. With those around him struggling and Stevens having a nightmare behind him he made things happen pretty much alone and played a couple of balls into the area which really didn't belong in a CheckaPizzaPaint qualifier.

wasnt at the game ( Jerome) , didn't even listen live

looking from the outside in , ( and I do quite rate Leigh for his attacking abilities etc) , a concern I have is that's two games where Leighs decision making when defending hasn't been great - two yellows V Vale , gave away a pen in pizza trophy V MKd
In all fairness the first yellow against Port Vale wasn't down to Leigh's decision making, he slipped, won the ball and got booked for it. It was also McEachran who gave away the penalty last night, not Leigh. That all said it was a cretinous decision to go diving in for his second yellow v Vale and something I'd expect an experienced player not to do.

I'd still expect him to play at the weekend but I wouldn't be against Brown partnering Moore if we want a left footer there.

In all fairness the first yellow against Port Vale wasn't down to Leigh's decision making, he slipped, won the ball and got booked for it. It was also McEachran who gave away the penalty last night, not Leigh. That all said it was a cretinous decision to go diving in for his second yellow v Vale and something I'd expect an experienced player not to do.

I'd still expect him to play at the weekend but I wouldn't be against Brown partnering Moore if we want a left footer there.
fair comment ( referee Sam Purkiss was a tool IMO)

fair comment ( referee Sam Purkiss was a tool IMO)
Re the penalty last night it was definitely McEachran, Leigh was close enough that he had no need to make that challenge. It also could have been blown up earlier after Thorniley stuck his leg into the back of their lad in the box. I've not watched the whole game but it does seem we missed Moore last night. I think Negru has a far higher ceiling but as it stands Moore is hands down our best defender and very important. I doubt he'd cope too well with the step up as his lack of pace would be exposed but at this level in an organised team he's solid.

Edit - have a look at the highlights, Leigh was in a pretty decent position and had covered well.

How has Leigh got MOTM? His passing was awful and he was afraid to take his man on.

That Leigh cross onto Tyler's head in the 5th minute or so was utterly sublime. The way he wrapped his foot around the ball was almost Beauchamp-esque. In a game where very few players in yellow did much to distinguish themselves, maybe it was good enough to win MOTM on its own!

Having attended last night's match, disappointing result but given that I am now retired and live in London, the earlier 7 pm kick-off was most welcome as it meant that I did not have to rush back too quickly to the railway station as I normally have to do after midweek games.

Incidentally, I was curious as to why nearly all the EFL Trophy matches last night had kicked off so early but the closest a Google search could come to giving me the answer was actually a statement on the Lincoln City website (I've included the link below) which suggested that it was because of a survey done by the club. Did all the other clubs ask their fans this question? (if Oxford did, I must have missed it)

That Leigh cross onto Tyler's head in the 5th minute or so was utterly sublime. The way he wrapped his foot around the ball was almost Beauchamp-esque. In a game where very few players in yellow did much to distinguish themselves, maybe it was good enough to win MOTM on its own!
Yeh, shame he decided not to get forward in the second half and do it again. He was very frustrating.

Yeh, shame he decided not to get forward in the second half and do it again. He was very frustrating.

I don't think Woltman playing on the left helped him as Woltman was pretty much always looking to go inside on to his right foot, which slowed the play down allowing Dons to reset.

Negru excellent as usual JJ had some good moments as did Smyth. Team didnt gel a lot of misplaced passes. Woltman and Perkins and even Harris a bit disappointing. Leigh looks a threat in attack slightly scary in defense! Good to give some key players a rest

Back
Top Bottom