Home Match Day Thread 05/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Hull City

Stevens
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Forde Gorrin McGuane
Henry Taylor Obita

2-1, Taylor + McGuane.

All the best to those attending, COYY

Top of the league, 6 wins in 7, combined with how poor we've been, down in the basement, can only see a win to Hull City.
Even if we play well as we did in periods against Portsmouth, Hull will be too good. It will go another part of the way as to showing kr, who might be best in certain positions, and which players on the bench deserve their next chance in the first 11.
OUFC 0 - HCFC 3.

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket for this, and am feeling a bit emotional about the prospect of being back with the Yellows even now, hours before kickoff.

In normal, fan-less circumstances I think this would have been a comfortable multiple-goal win to nil for the visitors. But with the fans back, I can see it now: a dogged performance, oxford hammering on the door for the final few minutes, spurred on by a passionate crowd - then, with almost the last kick of the game, Henry slips it through for Taylor to bury one in front of a rapturous Oxford Mail stand. He runs to the corner to salute the fans, who roar back in recognition of their old hero, back with them once again. The final whistle goes shortly after. Final score Hull 5 Oxford 1.

As another fortunate enough to have a ticket for today I woke up this morning like a kid at Christmas.

There had always been a lot of bad press written about football fans. A small, minute positive to come from us all being locked out of grounds in 2020 is that there have now also been a lot of wonderful things written about some of the most enjoyable aspects of being a football fan (particularly - but not limited to - those who attend live matches).

The communion we enjoy, the passion, the outlet for emotion, physically getting out of the house and getting around the country following your team. Seeing the happiness at the first steps towards that relationship slowly, tentatively being renewed is brilliant.

For myself, I have a stressful, intensely corporate job which I don’t enjoy at all but do it to support my wife and kids. I have two young children, whom I love dearly but (as any parent of young kids will tell you) can be tough and exhausting too. 2020 has taught me how important Oxford matches, and the space they afford me to recharge from those things, as an outlet for my emotions etc are to my mental health.

I don’t say that to complain at all. I am blessed. But wow am I ever excited to see some live football today. I’d say the result was irrelevant, and it is to a large extent. But how good would a win, or even a point and a positive performance against the league leaders, be?

Check list: scarf (bit musty), gloves (very musty), beanie (musty as), something to wipe the detritus from my seat, mask, ticket and ID and a very excited fourthstand. Check. Leaving for the ground shortly. Christmas has come early. Hoping we put in a good performance against a very good team. COYY

to all you 1000 'lucky bastards' with match tickets for todays game ... give the U's a (silent) shout from me( & me Dad, Sister , Nephew & middle grand daughter too)

hope its a home win ( I still fancy a late 1-0 ) .... KR and the players OWE the fans big time ... start with 3pts today

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket for this, and am feeling a bit emotional about the prospect of being back with the Yellows even now, hours before kickoff.

In normal, fan-less circumstances I think this would have been a comfortable multiple-goal win to nil for the visitors. But with the fans back, I can see it now: a dogged performance, oxford hammering on the door for the final few minutes, spurred on by a passionate crowd - then, with almost the last kick of the game, Henry slips it through for Taylor to bury one in front of a rapturous Oxford Mail stand. He runs to the corner to salute the fans, who roar back in recognition of their old hero, back with them once again. The final whistle goes shortly after. Final score Hull 5 Oxford 1.
Lol , made me laugh with this post , have a gold ticket is dreams to be made of .

EoeqcbSWEAQ-z7S

• React
Reactions: UTM
Afternoon all, happy with the team selection, would take any points today, think it’ll be a draw but going for the win. 2-1

Gonna miss this one, bloody visitors coming on 15 minutes. Try to keep up to date on the phone. Team selection is good.
Hope the 1000 happy souls in the ground keep the comments positive towards the players, even if things are not going as desired.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

I hope the 1000 in the ground today make as much noise as they possibly can have fun lads and lasses 2-1 to the mighty yellows

Back
Top Bottom