Away Match Day Thread +++05/10/2019 L1: Accrington Stanley v OUFC

So close by Ruffs at the end! Good point from hard fought game. I hope our players injuries are not serious.

But sure enough has been made of Accrington should have been down to 10.

Anyway, a few enforces changes during the match but 6 unbeaten, let’s keep the run going

I'm very happy with that, especially as we were so disrupted by the in match injuries. A point will does very nicely thank you.

Anyone know how long Forde is out for, listen to KR's interview and didn't hear it mentioned but might have missed it

It’s probably too early in the season to care that much but 2 more points would have seen us 8th & breathing down on the playoffs.

Up to 9th, 3 points off the play-offs with a better goal difference than Sunderland.

Thought we were very good and bossed the first half - but credit to Coleman, whatever he did/said at halftime, he got them playing and they were clearly the better side second half.

So all in all, fair point. Now let's give some youngsters a run midweek, and then it's a big game next Saturday.

Played well in the first half but restricted due to dirty play by Accrington and a very poor ref.
2nd half not good not as good as previous weeks but we didn’t lose moved up a place. Hopefully the injuries to Woodburn and Forde are minor.
Get the P**s pot trophy out of the way and regroup for next week.
COYY

Feeling a bit edgy about this one. I do think our clean sheet run will go today and think we could even concede two or three, don’t ask me why I think that because we’ve been very solid at the back but we can’t carry on not conceding ! Can we ? I cannot see us not scoring though so heart says 3-2 to us but head says 2-2 with Henry (pen) and Taylor.

It’s a tricky place to go and given this hot streak we are on a point at another long distance away day wouldn’t be disastrous.

Not a bad call ! ??

As ever, Accrington were tough and well organised. Decent point. But Ruffels could/should have won it for us at the end. Baptiste not the best game. Shoved off the ball too easily. Accrington's second goal was an Eastwood error. But overall, we look pretty good....

Good hard fought draw, well done Oxford. Kind of game we might have conceded a late winner earlier in the season, things are going well I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom