Home Match Day Thread 03/10/2023 L1: OUFC v Shrewsbury

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A rather boring 3-0 win!

Shrewsbury limited. Low on confidence evidently but improved as their subs came on. Sending off was just that.

McGuane MOTM. He kept us ticking. Our subs didn’t do as much as theirs.

Their keeper was dodgy all game and evidently got a bit bored. Leigh capitalised. Good work from GOD too.

Good night.
I think I have voted for McGuane as MOTM in about half of our games this season. It's beautiful.

In a team without a star, I think Beadle is our best player.

Goal from nothing in the first half made a massive difference there as Shrews generally defended well and would have been hard to break down.

I thought we were running the game and bound to find a way through.

McGuane and Bran had both kicked out a bit wider and started to find plenty of pace, Shrews were happy for our back three to keep the ball indefinitely, we were starting to find Leigh with quick switches of play. No great chances but the match was young and control has been established.

A rather boring 3-0 win!

Shrewsbury limited. Low on confidence evidently but improved as their subs came on. Sending off was just that.

Their keeper was dodgy all game and evidently got a bit bored. Leigh capitalised. Good work from GOD too.

Good night.

I will take the boring 3-0 wins every week, much better than playing sexy football with not converting chances and losing the game to a last minute goal from a set play.

The last 2 games has been very promising that we can overcome these physical sides or ones trying to park the bus.

Voted for Stevens man of the match as not only did he score he won the freekick that got their player sent off and we scored our second from it. Mcguane and Leigh were very good too.

6 goals in the last 2 games and all from defensive players 🤣 anyone know who the top scorer is?

I'm
Our top goalscorer in the league has only started 3 matches and has 4 goals...

It depends who actually scored our first goal this evening. Sky reports Harris, where Stevens was announced at the ground?

Some of Beadle’s passing was absolutely outrageous tonight

Leigh is just a cut above, classy, fit, strong, can jump and pumps out goals and assists

McGuane is playing with the shackles off and loving it, he’s another who is too good for League One

One of Brannagan’s crossfield balls to Stevens on the right was unreal, inch perfect

Harris missed his chance but made some very clever and incisive runs

Rodrigues’ dribble and pass for that Harris chance was absolutely exceptional

Just in great 3 points were top but Pompey score in the 90+8 min. Never mind we’re still 2nd and yea it is tight but shouldn’t have no fear.
Now then into the game McGuane he has an Option sod that go all out and give the man a deserved contract.
Pity about Harris missing his goal but should have been but wasn’t.
The defence was magnificent.
Stevens and Leigh ( what a goal ) great wing backs.
Brannigan still mixing it and working well with McGuane.
Rodriguez great play and worked very hard.
Bodin not his usual self but could be forgiven.
Beadle very commanding.
GoD take a bow wow well done for your not giving up and winning the ball for Leigh’s ( what a goal )
Liam, Graham well done.

A rather boring 3-0 win!

Good night.
You’re right, it sounds mad to moan but it was a dull game in a silent stadium, perked up by Leigh’s late goal. I couldn’t help wishing we’d go four at the back and really take them apart. But we’d have been top if not for Pompey‘s 98th minute winner!

Shrewsbury were insipid.

We could have played till Saturday and they wouldn’t have scored. Absolutely streets ahead. Like a Walter Smith’s Rangers playing Stirling Albion,

And how many of our players tonight were on the pitch during that thud and blunder defeat in February.? 6, it is a mighty impressive story.

Beadle is Robocop. Very very talented.

Harris looked rusty this evening, like his first game of the season, he'll come good again.

A very pleasing result and again felt like a very controlled performance - we didn't really go for the jugular. For me I'm happy with that for the time being, if it gives the required result at the end of the season then so be it.

Also from my position in the SSU I was stunned that Fin stevens goal had gone in, it seemed like side netting, and then the exact opposite with the Harris chance. The good thing is though no heads dropping, it was calm play and carrying on

Also from my position in the SSU I was stunned that Fin stevens goal had gone in, it seemed like side netting, and then the exact opposite with the Harris chance. The good thing is though no heads dropping, it was calm play and carrying on
I felt the same in SSL, we must have had the same angle. Everyone around
me was cheering the Harris goal.

Back
Top Bottom