Home Match Day Thread 03/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Reading

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brannagan was very good in the first half- and poor in the second. trying to win it on his own
We lost the battle. He was up for it at least.

So uninspiring. With hindsight that Des appointment is seriously misplaced. What on earth did he say to them at half time for them to turn out that turgid shite?

I need to remember what I posted before the game. Ten players out injured doesn't help. (Does Negru now make it eleven?)

Precisely.

O’Donkor has been put in the farcical position of being one of our two main strikers for something like a year. That’s not his fault, it’s the club’s.

He needs to go and learn how to be a professional footballer in the men’s game a couple of tiers below this one. He’s learning nothing getting ten minutes not really getting involved.

It’s not helping him and it’s certainly not helping the club.
I want to love O'Donkor but I'm just not sure what he's good at. Does a whole lot of nothing.

You rightly point out that it isn't his fault that he's been deputising though - that lies solely on the heads of Manning and Des.

We lost the battle. He was up for it at least.

So uninspiring. With hindsight that Des appointment is seriously misplaced. What on earth did he say to them at half time for them to turn out that turgid shite?
He seems to have an incredible ability to cool players down rather than fire them up...

Absolutely it's not his fault he needed a loan for his education, what we are doing is not helping him or us at all. But this is a side show to what has been a disastrous set of results for quite some time now. And I hope it doesn't carry on.That was avery poor performance again

Someone needs to tell Des to stop listing players in the rehab room like KR lite cos we know who they are!! Still on his side but no team wants to let you play the way you want-get real please- it's also a case of reacting to what the other has changed.

He held the ball up well, one excellent layoff. MJB called him "the work experience lad."

Thats what he is still. A work-in-progress who needs a loan elsewhere. He hasn’t looked like scoring all season - in his infrequent starts or sub appearances. We certainly didn’t get any better when he came on.

Does a side going for promotion have him coming off the bench as our striking option? Not in my book.

I've called Odonker names , very childish I know and I realise it's not his fault, he's expected to be a goal hero, he isn't, he's nowhere near the Jamie Brooks and Baptiste standard of first team prospect, the blame lays souly on Buckingham putting him in that position of criticism. I'm at a total loss and the standard of terrible football we are playing under Buckingham.

Normally in football you can relatively easily categorise how a club plays. Some clubs are attacking, some play more defensive, some play on the counter, some play passing football etc etc

What are we under Des? We don't really seem to do any of those things in much of a capacity.

Normally in football you can relatively easily categorise how a club plays. Some clubs are attacking, some play more defensive, some play on the counter, some play passing football etc etc

What are we under Des? We don't really seem to do any of those things in much of a capacity.
We are a f*****g mess.

Thought that was one of Rodrigues' poorest games for us. Too many overhit passes and slowing the game down too much. I would've hooked him for Henry towards the end of the game. Also not sure why Matete wasn't on sooner, can only assume they're trying to ease him back in after half a season out, that was crying out for someone to take hold of the midfield.

I thought we also lost our edge when Burey went off, he's in and out of games but he has real pace and wants to use it.

Smith for them was good again, very effective. They are lucky to have some good attacking players and Wing in midfield, because that Craig and one of their centre backs looked non-league standard.

Back
Top Bottom