Home Match Build Up 03/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Reading

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirAndyOfCrosby

Bang up for this one.

Late equaliser yesterday has provided a tonic, and with strong rumours of 2 or 3 quality additions in the next couple of days we finally have something to get our teeth into.

Ideally we'll also see Reading lose a couple more before the window closes - preferably Smith and Azeez.

Would absolutely love this to be the game that it all clicks for us, and the beginning of the end of any hope that Reading have for L1 survivial.

Massive game. Biggest of the season so far without any doubt.

Please don't let us down lads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really excited for this after last night, hope the players are too..

1-0 Ox, Azeez OG in front of the Jim Smith Stand, who then proceeds to celebrate with our players before agreeing to join in the summer.

What a difference a day makes! Everyone was pretty down leading up to Portsmouth, convinced we'd get turned over without so much as a whimper, instead we fight to the bitter end and save a point while playing pretty well, now, I and hopefully everyone else think we'll send Reading packing on Saturday, back down the road with their tennis balls and 0 points

Pick a team as close to last night as possible. With some new signings off the bench, no reason to think we couldn’t put a 90-minute performance together.

Looks to me that Reading still have a decent side, they’ve only really lost one starter this window but very little depth left. If they were to lose a couple of Azeez, Knibbs, Smith and Wing, they’d be down to bare bones.

Pick a team as close to last night as possible. With some new signings off the bench, no reason to think we couldn’t put a 90-minute performance together.

Looks to me that Reading still have a decent side, they’ve only really lost one starter this window but very little depth left. If they were to lose a couple of Azeez, Knibbs, Smith and Wing, they’d be down to bare bones.
They'll have sold half of their remaining squad in the next 48 hours

I’m no dot counter but including reading’s allocation have we not already hit that? Would be very disappointing if it’s not a sell out to be honest, let alone 10k?
i will be disappointed if an Oxford V Reading ( especially being the first one in well over 20 years) isn't a sell out) ... that said due to the early kick off neither my middle grandaughter, nor youngest grandaughter can make it- they could have if it had been 3pm . Hopefully my conservative guestimate is under the actual attendance

edit* should've read the dot count/ heading for a sellout thread properly . It was less than 1k shy of a sellout yesterday , after last nights draw and a coupla new signings (?) it should be close to if not a sell out

Last edited:
This Saturday’s big Thames Valley derby will be refereed by Poulton-le-Fylde based Scott Oldham

F-rh5vYWYAAevS-

Poor Reading, they can't even afford Rich Tea let alone chocolate Hobnobs.

130 tickets got refunded to supporters yesterday, that had not purchased tickets at OUFC before.
Fair play the club actually rooted out Ding trying to get in the home ends.

Really hope none make themselves clear because that means a Yellow has got them a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom