Ref Watch OUFC v Reading FC: L1 - 03/02/24 -Scott Oldham

How did the ref perform?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He and his assistants got more wrong than they got right- as for that shocking assault on Goodrham, right in front of him and nothing given , that was disraceful

2/10

Constipation, diarrhea.

That's not what I'm suffering with, that's the refs performance. Inconsistent(ly) s**t.

36 was on a yellow when he name that awful challenge on Goodrham. Red 1.
Gave 17 a yellow for putting his hands to Goodrhams face. Should have been red 2.
A*****e.

Yet another terrible ref. He started out OK, played a good advantage and then brought it back when nothing good happened. That was the peak of his performance.

After that, he played advantage when there was none, blew up when there actually was an advantage, got several corners, throws and fouls wildly wrong and punished any one in a series of successive fouls randomly.

Was he as bad as Drysdale? Yes probably he was, and I am getting increasingly irritated with this string of useless officials. 2

His redeeming quality should have been that he tried to let the game flow but he always did it at the wrong time (for both teams)!!! Clueless doesn't come close.

He was worse than Drysdale, Drysdale’s main issue was not booking blatant cynical fouls.

This guy didn’t even give blatent fouls, esp the one on TG.

His redeeming quality should have been that he tried to let the game flow but he always did it at the wrong time (for both teams)!!! Clueless doesn't come close.
Yes, this!
What a complete randomiser.

Agree with all the above. If anything this performance was worse than the last time he officiated one of our games.

Last edited:
How did TG get booked for a perfectly good shoulder charge on their guy second half? Absolutely shocking from the ref, another one to add to the long list of incompetent men in black.

I liked the way that he tried to play the advantage.
His performance seemed to become more unpredictable as the game went on.
Scratching my head about the yellow card for TG.

• React
Reactions: QR
How did TG get booked for a perfectly good shoulder charge on their guy second half? Absolutely shocking from the ref, another one to add to the long list of incompetent men in black.
It did seem a bit malicious, but not a yellow.

I wasn’t at the game and haven’t seen the incident. But my view as a referee myself: shoulder barges are perfectly fair and encouraged. So long as it’s ’shoulder to shoulder’ (not a nudge in the back with your shoulder) and as long as the ball is there to be won (if the ball is more than a few metres away when the shoulder barge goes in then it’s a foul). It would be a caution if (a) it’s not shoulder to shoulder and constitutes dangerous or reckless play or (b) if it’s ’off the ball’ and just a means to stop or slow down an opposition player.

I wasn’t at the game and haven’t seen the incident. But my view as a referee myself: shoulder barges are perfectly fair and encouraged. So long as it’s ’shoulder to shoulder’ (not a nudge in the back with your shoulder) and as long as the ball is there to be won (if the ball is more than a few metres away when the shoulder barge goes in then it’s a foul). It would be a caution if (a) it’s not shoulder to shoulder and constitutes dangerous or reckless play or (b) if it’s ’off the ball’ and just a means to stop or slow down an opposition player.
Goodrham actually won the ball and he’s not exactly the biggest is he. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom