Home Match Build Up 03/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Reading

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do the players know this is a BIG game for us?...... Not as big as swine, but still BIG

Released without charge, one assumes?

Given the lack of atmosphere, it's all going to feel a bit flat anyway.

But in all seriousness, I think itโ€™s going to be a great game in an edgy atmosphere โ€ฆ looking forward to it.

Do the players know this is a BIG game for us?...... Not as big as swine, but still BIG
I am sure that they do. But we haven't yet sold out and Swin*** would have sold out in a day, so miles behind!

Heard an alleged rumour a few whabe bought tickets in the Jim smith stand in the bottom north east corner . 2nd hand rumour so probably BS

It would appear that TVP are under the impression that WW3 is about to break out on Saturday morning. They have allocated themselves almost unlimited powers to stop and search without any suspicion. They are also deploying drones, dogs and all the usual paraphernalia.
I just hope they are aware that the vast majority, if not all, supporters attending the game are there for just that, the football. The reverse fixture saw nothing more than two sets of supporters singing and exchanging banter. The trouble was away from the ground. Frightening normal fans including families with children with strong arm tactics is not going to endear themselves to anyone. No doubt they will try and charge the costs to the club.

Hardly โ€˜frighteningโ€™ fans though is it? The vast majority just need to go about their usual business and they wonโ€™t be affected by whatever the old bill get up to. Go looking for trouble and youโ€™ll be dealt with, Iโ€™m happy with that. Reassured, I think is the buzzword here.

Hardly โ€˜frighteningโ€™ fans though is it? The vast majority just need to go about their usual business and they wonโ€™t be affected by whatever the old bill get up to. Go looking for trouble and youโ€™ll be dealt with, Iโ€™m happy with that. Reassured, I think is the buzzword here.
You don't have to be "looking for trouble" to be concerned by a large Police presence. Particularly when they are wearing riot gear, have dogs barking at passers by and it becomes necessary to walk around rather than take a direct route. Ever been to Luton? If it comes to that level of policing then things will not go well. Intimidating supporters does not work.

You don't have to be "looking for trouble" to be concerned by a large Police presence. Particularly when they are wearing riot gear, have dogs barking at passers by and it becomes necessary to walk around rather than take a direct route. Ever been to Luton? If it comes to that level of policing then things will not go well. Intimidating supporters does not work.
for a few seasons policing improved (IMO) at home games- when tvp supporter liaison chappy was posting here on yf- since he has been replaced its taken a backward step in more recent times I think

I assume the metal barrier will be shut before the game as well.
Quite often Oufc supports can go through before the game.

Why would you be โ€˜concerned?!โ€™ The dogs arenโ€™t going to be straining at the leash at your average SSU ST holder are they. FFS.
Surely itโ€™s reassuring. Itโ€™s is for me, but if I get out of line Iโ€™ll expect to be dealt with. Iโ€™d be more concerned if the old bill werenโ€™t there in numbers.

Why would you be โ€˜concerned?!โ€™ The dogs arenโ€™t going to be straining at the leash at your average SSU ST holder are they. FFS.
Surely itโ€™s reassuring. Itโ€™s is for me, but if I get out of line Iโ€™ll expect to be dealt with. Iโ€™d be more concerned if the old bill werenโ€™t there in numbers.
And they can differentiate between supporters outside the ground, can they? If I hold up my phone and show them a SSU season ticket then all is ok?

And they can differentiate between supporters outside the ground, can they? If I hold up my phone and show them a SSU season ticket then all is ok?

So what is it that you think you and Mrs Lounger will being doing that draws the attention of TVP ?

You leave F&B and take a stroll across the car park to your seat ? What exactly do you think you will be doing to draw their attention ?

On the flip side, you confront some knobhead pavement dancer and a member of TVP keeps you safe.

Why are you so anti ???

If it all kicked off and there was a lack of police presence, what would you think then?

Just go about your normal business and it wonโ€™t be an issue.

You know, and they know what your average spotty teenage pavement dancer looks like. They know who theyโ€™re looking for and Iโ€™d guess you donโ€™t fit the profile. Not difficult is itโ€ฆ

So what is it that you think you and Mrs Lounger will being doing that draws the attention of TVP ?

You leave F&B and take a stroll across the car park to your seat ? What exactly do you think you will be doing to draw their attention ?

On the flip side, you confront some knobhead pavement dancer and a member of TVP keeps you safe.

Why are you so anti ???

If it all kicked off and there was a lack of police presence, what would you think then?

Just go about your normal business and it wonโ€™t be an issue.
Who said anything anti? I have merely pointed out that there will be a large and visible police presence at the game and, throughout Oxford. That TVP are conducting this as though they are anticipating serious trouble.
I don't personally have an issue with a police presence at games however, if they consider this to be an event that requires dogs, drones, horses and a large exclusion zone with additional powers allowing them the opportunity to stop and search anyone, anywhere between the town centre and Grenoble road without any suspicion at all, then I find that somewhat intimidating.

You know, and they know what your average spotty teenage pavement dancer looks like. They know who theyโ€™re looking for and Iโ€™d guess you donโ€™t fit the profile. Not difficult is itโ€ฆ
There is no profile when you have section 35 + 60 AA orders in place. Plus, if you think that a spotty teenage pavement dancer is the root of any trouble, you are seriously mistaken.

I actually believe that, aside from a very, very small minority, there will be no issues at the game. Much like the away game, I can see trouble in town where some will congregate for pre-match drinks etc. That section 35 will mean that the police have the power to disburse or arrest any grouping of people for no reason other than they are in a group.

Who said anything anti? I have merely pointed out that there will be a large and visible police presence at the game and, throughout Oxford. That TVP are conducting this as though they are anticipating serious trouble.
I don't personally have an issue with a police presence at games however, if they consider this to be an event that requires dogs, drones, horses and a large exclusion zone with additional powers allowing them the opportunity to stop and search anyone, anywhere between the town centre and Grenoble road without any suspicion at all, then I find that somewhat intimidating.

There is no profile when you have section 35 + 60 AA orders in place. Plus, if you think that a spotty teenage pavement dancer is the root of any trouble, you are seriously mistaken.

I actually believe that, aside from a very, very small minority, there will be no issues at the game. Much like the away game, I can see trouble in town where some will congregate for pre-match drinks etc. That section 35 will mean that the police have the power to disburse or arrest any grouping of people for no reason other than they are in a group.

You and the missus should get Public Enemy style โ€œf**k The Policeโ€ matching jumpers to wear on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom