Home Match Build Up 03/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Reading

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fair play the club actually rooted out Ding trying to get in the home ends.

Really hope none make themselves clear because that means a Yellow has got them a ticket.

It’s good that the club have actively tried to deal with it. They’ve clearly worked with Reading to identify them.

I guess it is quite straightforward; have they ever purchased tickets at OUFC before, No.

Have they ever purchased at Reading before, yes?

Goodnight Vienna.

130 tickets got refunded to supporters yesterday, that had not purchased tickets at OUFC before.
No doubt with the highlighted West Brom V Wolves incidents last weekend I imagine the club would have been on the case on Monday specially knowing full well the game hasn’t been a sell out since going on general sale.

It’s good that the club have actively tried to deal with it. They’ve clearly worked with Reading to identify them.

I guess it is quite straightforward; have they ever purchased tickets at OUFC before, No.

Have they ever purchased at Reading before, yes?

Goodnight Vienna.
The ticket office staff are working really hard on this. To be fair, they always screen sales when away is sold out, and liaise closely with the visiting team ticket office, but no system is completely foolproof.
Reading fans trying to get past the ticket office staff are nonetheless facing quite a challenge. Of course, some will succeed, but as supporters we can be the last line of defence and report any away fans we see in the home end as soon as possible.

The ticket office staff are working really hard on this. To be fair, they always screen sales when away is sold out, and liaise closely with the visiting team ticket office, but no system is completely foolproof.
Reading fans trying to get past the ticket office staff are nonetheless facing quite a challenge. Of course, some will succeed, but as supporters we can be the last line of defence and report any away fans we see in the home end as soon as possible.

From what I was told, it’s been a collaborative approach between both clubs.

Fair play to Gem and the staff in the TO.

130 tickets got refunded to supporters yesterday, that had not purchased tickets at OUFC before.
Wow that’s quite a number and I’m surprised that many slipped through the net. I thought we had protocols in place for big games where only people with established purchase histories or long term accounts could buy tickets. This has certainly been in effect previous and for far lesser games. Glad the club are on top of it though and a good middle finger to the fans that have tried it.

GFLZTeWbQAAZylz

Wow that’s quite a number and I’m surprised that many slipped through the net. I thought we had protocols in place for big games where only people with established purchase histories or long term accounts could buy tickets. This has certainly been in effect previous and for far lesser games. Glad the club are on top of it though and a good middle finger to the fans that have tried it.
I don't understand why Oxford fans would buy Reading mates tickets, could end up depriving an actual Oxford fan of one.

1706740874625.png

PLAYED FOR BOTH

Big striker and hardman Billy Whitehurst joined Reading from the U’s in February 1988.

FsjkvYVWIAA4hS8

BTqtuXKIEAA-VoU

Or we could just treat them like human beings trying to watch their team and, if they keep their allegiance quiet, let them be?

From the sounds of it they are likely to be friends of Oxford fans who don`t see it as a problem rather than SI clad pavement dancers. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

I`m sure there are plenty on this forum who have done similar from breaking away bans at Chelsea & Luton to getting home tickets at little clubs like Wycombe...

Or we could just treat them like human beings trying to watch their team and, if they keep their allegiance quiet, let them be?

From the sounds of it they are likely to be friends of Oxford fans who don`t see it as a problem rather than SI clad pavement dancers. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

I`m sure there are plenty on this forum who have done similar from breaking away bans at Chelsea & Luton to getting home tickets at little clubs like Wycombe...
I think that quite a few Oxford fans were in the Reading stands at their place

Loads boast of having done the same, probably the same ones complaining about it happing to us.

Loads boast of having done the same, probably the same ones complaining about it happing to us.

No problem for me - they are just fans that want to see their team in a sold out game.
If they stay quiet and sit on their hands if they score who is going to know?
Not everyone is a cone chucking, arm waving, pavement dancer. :)
Any problems are likely to be a long way from the ground.

Back
Top Bottom