Away Match Day Thread 02/04/2021 L1 Sunderland v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 25 years ago to the day since we started the Easter weekend with a game against high flying Blackpool. Joey's goal and all the fun at Wycombe on the Monday defined our season and took us up.

Let's have a repeat today with Henry smashing one in from 30 yards!!

I wouldn't be astonished if we win this. But then I wouldn't be surprised if Robbo says Chambers-P's playing in goal because we want to press high.

Fuck only knows what team will turn up or how they'll play. Hope we win, Robbo needs to win back the 3 away pointed he gifted to the cobblers to help him look good on the telly :(

Hmm....an attacking team again with Shodipo and Barker starting, no Long or Ruffs....

Says a lot that we were told Grayson provided defensive cover both in the middle and on the left when he signed, and even when both of our full backs are injured he’s still benched.

Speaking of full backs, can we finally have more than two next season, please?

As long as you accept only 1 CB :giggle:

Don't like that team at all. I think we lack the ability to retain the ball with both Barker and Shodipo playing, and the fullback situation is obviously far from ideal. You do have to wonder what the point in bringing Grayson in was if he's only deemed fourth string backup leftback behind our starting rightback and, it seems, a right winger.

Agyei off the bench will cause some problems late on and it's good to see McNally in the match squad for I think the first time. But can't see us getting much from this, unfortunately. 2-1 Sunderland.

despite two makeshift fullbacks I'm still optimistic we'll get the win

Safe to say Grayson won't be sticking around considering he was signed as a back-up CB/LB/CM and he's not fancied ahead of Hanson at left back today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom