Away Match Day Thread 02/04/2021 L1 Sunderland v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect to see Lee and Longy on the bench. KR mentioned that someone had missed training due to protocols as they had been feeling unwell. No idea who but hopeful it's not anyone we would rely upon normally.
Still think we can get something from this game. Kettle is a pain as a ref but, we don't usually lose with him in charge.

Expecting a scrappy, stop /start game, with Kettle 'refereeing' from the centre circle, ...fancy a smash n grab late, late clincher in a 1-2 away win

I went to Sunderland the past 2 years and we played well on both occasions and could have won both with a bit of luck.
I would take a third draw in a row there.

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Long
Brannagan
Henry Sykes
Forde Taylor Barker

SUBS: Agyei, Shodipo, Lee, Kelly, Winnall, Grayson, Eastwood

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Long
Brannagan
Henry Sykes
Forde Taylor Barker

SUBS: Agyei, Shodipo, Lee, Kelly, Winnall, Grayson, Eastwood

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!

Wouldn't be surprised to see that starting 11, but I'd look to play Forde in the middle with Cam and Sykes on the right of a front 3. Henry can have a fairly fluid role, drifting from inside right to a more traditional no.10 role, or can sit in with Cam and Fordy to control the midfield. Lee will also be perfect in that role but can't see him starting just yet. I'm not sure if Ruffels has travelled so think the back 4 will be as you've got with Longy coming in at left back, which could be a great combination with Barker ahead of him.

Sunderland look to control the middle of the pitch and hit early balls out to the wingers, so Hanson will need to be on his game and not leave too much space behind him. But absolutely no reason why we can't compete and get a point or more from this. We had our chances in the home game but made some silly mistakes and then let our heads drop. We need to be positive from the off and I think Cam will be the difference for us.

Anything more than a defeat would be absolutely fine. Sunderland at long last have got their act together, haven’t lost since the 9th Feb, have only lost seven matches all season and are bang in form.

A win would be a fanciful prediction.

Ex88HUIXAAAG8ca

Anything more than a defeat would be absolutely fine. Sunderland at long last have got their act together, haven’t lost since the 9th Feb, have only lost seven matches all season and are bang in form.

A win would be a fanciful prediction.
Mackems 8th defeat of the season this afternoon, I fancy :sneaky:

Ha no idea about score or team but im looking forward to it. I hope we can go for them, Branagan and Henry are as good as anyone in this league.

Can I just say I really really don’t want to go to the thread Sarah Everard and see what Cassox has written!

Not going to surprise anyone by saying im not expecting anything today.

Hopefully Karls random tactics generator doesnt throw us anything too wild.

We have to be clear underdogs and the memory of that hiding years ago still is a nasty one.
Can‘t see us winning but if we do we know we are easily good for the play offs. We are depending on other scores to help us. I think we are better than last season and on a great run so who knows.
Dread them scoring first

REF WATCH :

Veteran referee Trevor Kettle is today’s man in the middle at the Stadium of Light.
He has refereed 28 matches this season issuing 74 yellow cards and 4 reds.

FIRST U’s game : December 26th 2003 - Oxford U 2-1 Leyton Orient

LAST U’s game : September 8th 2020 - Oxford U 2-1 Chelsea U.21

DoLyv6CXcAEeYao
Fat bastard

Not seen posted but charlton are winning against donny is that a good result 🤔

Not seen posted but charlton are winning against donny is that a good result [emoji848]
Id say it's a good result. Donny are a team we need to catch and Charlton have the most difficult run in of all the teams, so would expect them to drop quite a few points in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom