Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 37 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anything more been said about Ruffels being fit to play? Wouldn't be surprised to see him rested if Sam Long is back to cover there. Also wouldn't mind a bit of extra bite in midfield with Forde coming in for Sykes and Lee for Shodipo.

Upfront you can have the battling play of Taylor, or power and speed of Agyei. I'd be tempted to go with the latter but suspect that we'll start with Taylor.

Stevens
Hanson Atkinson Moore Long
Henry Brannagan Forde
Lee Taylor Barker
Not sure about Lee wound prefer Shodipo, think he’ll want to play well in a big stadium/pitch.

Stevens

Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels

Gorrin Brannagan

Henry Lee Barker

Aygei

Eastwood, Forde, Kelly, Sykes Shodipo, Taylor, Winnall
Much as I like that team, starting with five players just back from injury is too big a risk for me.

I can't see Gorrin playing. From what has been said he has an ongoing issue and we looked better with Cam playing deep. With Henry and Lee available I don't think we need Gorrin to start

Would it not just be wise to start the team that won the last game we’ve got 9 finals left or is that to simplistic

I would hope that any manager these days would take account of the opposition strengths and the injuries in the own team
Yes, but also players should be able to ‘earn’ starts, in my view. Sykes, for example, worked hard and played well against Lincoln and I’m not sure what message it sends if he’s then dropped

According to the sunlun forum they struggle when pressed high up the pitch. So hopefully we pick a team to press em high up the pitch.

Not a bad shout but Sunderland are a very different proposition to Lincoln.
If fit then I would play Gorrin and maybe Lee instead of Shodipo.
Personally if fit I would also definitely have Long instead of Hanson
That’s fair enough I just think if we’ve got a winning team why keep rotating especially when they’re had a free week but I do agree that long if fit should be starting over Hanson and I actually think Brannigan had a really good game In gorrin position I would even go as far as to say he was better than gorrin had been for a few weeks

That’s fair enough I just think if we’ve got a winning team why keep rotating especially when they’re had a free week but I do agree that long if fit should be starting over Hanson and I actually think Brannigan had a really good game In gorrin position I would even go as far as to say he was better than gorrin had been for a few weeks
Having Brannigan in that position definitely makes us more of an attacking threat. The ball moved so much quicker from defence to midfield. Gorrin is great (when on form) in terms of breaking up play but not very good at bringing the ball out of defence or probing balls through the midfield / out to the wings. I guess it depends upon what tactics Robbo wants to use.

A really big test now for the boys. Get a point there and we should be on the way to the play-offs. Get 3 and I for one will be over the moon.

Get a win there and I would be on board your positivity bus 😁

As much as I agree that a draw in itself would be an excellent result, at this stage of the season I think we have left ourselves very little room, to the point where I think we now need a win just to add to the confidence boost after Lincoln and set up good platform for one final push.

To me a draw at this stage will now just feel a bit “meh” for both teams. If we really believe we still have a chance it has to be a win.

Hopefully both teams will be gunning for a win and throw everything at it, producing a decent game with some quality on show.

Trying to remain hopeful but I am still finding it difficult to see beyond just missing out.

Thinking a draw at best tomorrow, but keeping everything crossed.

If Gorrin plays he'll only go and get sent off to celebrate the amnesty on yellows. Or not.

Hopefully a bad-tempered, scrappy game with a bit of fighting on the pitch and in the dugouts won by a scrappy goal when an Agyei cross from the left (mark you) is completely misjudged by a' flying' Sam Winnall and the ball trickles over the line off his gut.

In their last ten league games, Sunderland have won eight and drawn two. They also won the Pizza Trophy in that span.

Forget Lincoln, the Mackems are as good as Hull right now. So we're going to have to up our game significantly to get anything out of tomorrow.

Hell, they've always had good players. It's just their last several managers haven't been able to get them to play......

In their last ten league games, Sunderland have won eight and drawn two. They also won the Pizza Trophy in that span.

Forget Lincoln, the Mackems are as good as Hull right now. So we're going to have to up our game significantly to get anything out of tomorrow.

Hell, they've always had good players. It's just their last several managers haven't been able to get them to play......
Well then, they’re due a loss. That’s how it works isn’t it?

Sunderland top us on just about every stat you want to put forward, but no-one has done the double over us and Sunderland have not doubled anyone in the top 10, so I'm optimistic we can come away with something.

Screenshot_20210401-171354_Chrome.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom