Away Match Day Thread 02/04/2021 L1 Sunderland v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Our performances at Sunderland are not exactly brilliant. But today a brilliant show is definitely required. 1 point would be good, 3 fanbloodytastic.

Pretty sure Ruffels won't be available with Sam Long returning at left back and Hanson staying at right back. Would be maybe tempted to make that my only change, but with Sunderland having 2 sitting in midfield that could leave us a little lightweight in the middle. Maybe play with either Shodipo or Barker on the left, Henry or Sykes on the right and Forde or Kelly in the middle to help Cam out.

Can see us definitely getting a point, and maybe sneaking a lucky 4 nil away win!!!

Not sure which way it'll go, will be happy with a point, if we get all 3 then I'll be over the bloody moon.
Either way COYY

Trevor Kettle will be on hand to cut down any flow the game has, making it a real scrap. Going to be won and lost in midfield I think.
1-1 with neither team happy.

This is still a ground I’ve not managed to visit. Shame as it would’ve been an ideal weekend for it too.
Tricky game this. A draw would do nicely.

COYY

REF WATCH :

Veteran referee Trevor Kettle is today’s man in the middle at the Stadium of Light.
He has refereed 28 matches this season issuing 74 yellow cards and 4 reds.

FIRST U’s game : December 26th 2003 - Oxford U 2-1 Leyton Orient

LAST U’s game : September 8th 2020 - Oxford U 2-1 Chelsea U.21

DoLyv6CXcAEeYao

PLAYED FOR BOTH :

Dc6GSgWWAAAJq0t

Includes Dean Whitehead, David Rush, Craig Russell, Martin Gray, Andy Melville, Phil Gray, Tim Carter,
Marco Gabbiadini, Billy Whitehurst, John Byrne, Jerome Sinclair, Anton Rogan and Colin Todd.
Alejandro Rodriquez Gorrin was a member of Sunderland’s youth set up In 2013.

BLLGOcACEAAcR-w

BLAST FROM THE PAST :

December 13th 1975

U’s midfielder Peter Houseman looks on as Ian Porterfield scores a late winner on a snow covered Roker Park pitch.

Et8Wr8TXIAMjxuk

Really is a free game today. Most people will be expecting Sunderland to win, so if they do then most people will say expected that. Lets be coupon busters today and get a result. Even a draw will be a good result, a win well utopia lol. COYY

2-3 in an unlike Trevor kettle entertaining game with both teams going for it I actually think being the underdog could suit us in this game gives the players some freedom
COYY

Karl will no doubt surprise us again! I wonder if LCP will feature or if he will start with Dan.

Hoping we can come away with a point but Stevens and the defence will have to be on top form
Head says we will lose 2 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom