Away Match Day Thread 01/02/2022 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll concede, we often do, so let's hope we csn take any chances that come our way as they'll be few and far between.

I don't think Holland has shown enough in the last couple of games to start again and it would be tough on Bodin to miss out ( 2 assists and 1 goal in the last 2).

Wigan did do a lot of banging the ball into the channels last time and I think their fans only worry is that they lack a linking playmaker in midfield. We also moved their back 4 around incredibly well - particularly Sykes and Whyte. They are looking forward to us coming to play rather than parking the bus.

I don't get why we don't get mentioned in the media in this league just listening to Talksport and the guy doing the commentary later was talking about the league saying how brutal it was with loads of top teams and literally mentioned everyone in the top 10 said a little bit about them bar us...

It's always the same on TV aswell.. have to do crazy things like branners to get a mention.

He thinks this will be a good game tonight though with loads of goals.. I will take a point personally with hope for more but the Wigan team is so strong.

If we beat Wigan tonight how good would that be set us of on a run.

I don't get why we don't get mentioned in the media in this league just listening to Talksport and the guy doing the commentary later was talking about the league saying how brutal it was with loads of top teams and literally mentioned everyone in the top 10 said a little bit about them bar us...

It's always the same on TV aswell.. have to do crazy things like branners to get a mention.

He thinks this will be a good game tonight though with loads of goals.. I will take a point personally with hope for more but the Wigan team is so strong.

Talksport were bashing one out over Sunderland earlier aswell saying they shouldn't be in league one. We shouldn't be playing in a 3 sided stadium that we don't have any rights to but that's life.

Talksport were bashing one out over Sunderland earlier aswell saying they shouldn't be in league one. We shouldn't be playing in a 3 sided stadium that we don't have any rights to but that's life.
I know always going on about the "big clubs"... Gushing all over them..

For any of you just finishing work at home and perhaps not listening to iFollow - there may be a delay if you leave oxford now 🤔
B5A6FA9A-84C1-4792-B58B-DB05AB5DE5E2.jpeg

Talksport is just an advertiser for gambling companies. Their content is s**t IMO. Well, for the lower leagues anyway. Might be better for premiership content but I don't listen to that.

They were talking about the Wycombe , mk dons akinfenwa chant for a bit. One of the presenters was near on palming it off as acceptable and blaming the police for causing crowd incidents.

Talksport is just an advertiser for gambling companies. Their content is s**t IMO. Well, for the lower leagues anyway. Might be better for premiership content but I don't listen to that.
I know mate I listen to it at work driving I don't mind white and Jordan. Drive is ok but I switch over for the rest.. It is rubbish for the lower leagues but what sports station isn't.

I think we ought to go into tonight with some level of confidence.

Yes, Wigan are almost certainly looking at autos, but we're a strong team and have a strong starting XI, especially considering we had 12 players out when we played them at ours...

This could be an upset for Wigan if we approach with some confidence and Wigan are over confident.

I'll be happy with a draw for sure, but I wouldn't write us off just yet.

Into em Yellows

They were talking about the Wycombe , mk dons akinfenwa chant for a bit. One of the presenters was near on palming it off as acceptable and blaming the police for causing crowd incidents.
If Talksport and the like actually saw some League 1 football they would be impressed I’m sure
Just look at us v Sheff W and us v Wigan at home
The BBC are as bad and fallen into the Premiership trap of giving stats in the “Premiership era” as if football didn’t exist before the nineties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom