Sport New Zealand Test Series

Our success recently has come from being aggressive and picking the attacking shots, but not being particularly reckless. There's plenty of time and plenty of overs left to see us home. As you've said, just don't get out!

No going in to their shell after the quick wickets this morning. Root and Stokes have scored at 4 an over with 90 left to get after lunch.

Never more than a couple of wickets away from a different game, but this isn't the England of old and should see this through.

Last edited:
24 to win with 2 wickets in hand. i think the Kiwis have made a mistake bringing on spin against Foakes, think he is far more comfortable, hopefully not put the mockers on it! Should have gone to bed hours ago but cant take my eyes off this game!

f**k me 251 -9 ....7 to win leach n JA both on 0....going to the wire this is

Maybe shouldntve enforced the follow on?....cmon England

Bollox ....NZ win by 1 ....- what a game that was

Nooooooo! Congrats NZ, think only 4th time in history a side has won after following on. Root and Foakes will be kicking themselves getting out to loose shots. Classic finish. Right off to bed.

Last edited:
Nooooooo! Congrats NZ, think only 4th time in history a side has won after following on. Root and Foakes will be kicking themselves getting out to loose shots. Classic finish. Right off to bed.

And the first time that the losers weren't Australia.......

I said it about twelve hours ago - what Stokes and McCullum have done for English cricket is extraordinary, but this was an unforced error.
Given the age and fitness of our pace attack, it was just a bad decision to enforce the follow-on. Gave NZ a chance to win the game, and draw the series, that we never should have offered them. Entertaining? Sure. But the greatest Test sides are ruthless as well. When you've got your boot on the throat of a good cricket team, you don't let them get up again.

By the barest of all margins …

Why we don’t play NZ in a five match series either at their place or in the UK, I don’t know …

And the first time that the losers weren't Australia.......

I said it about twelve hours ago - what Stokes and McCullum have done for English cricket is extraordinary, but this was an unforced error.
Given the age and fitness of our pace attack, it was just a bad decision to enforce the follow-on. Gave NZ a chance to win the game, and draw the series, that we never should have offered them. Entertaining? Sure. But the greatest Test sides are ruthless as well. When you've got your boot on the throat of a good cricket team, you don't let them get up again.
A great game, but yes a mistake to enforce the follow on especially on the basis that Stokes couldn't bowl and the other fast bowlers were shattered.

Maybe it was a mistake to enforce the follow on but it made for a hell of a game, and that`s what a big chunk of spectator sport is about, entertainment.

Maybe it was a mistake to enforce the follow on but it made for a hell of a game, and that`s what a big chunk of spectator sport is about, entertainment.
Undoubtedly this England team are entertaining.
But I thought teams were out to win. Not sure that any Australian team would ever choose entertainment against winning ( even though they are normally entertaining)
In the Ashes, Australia will love an entertaining series...which they win

Undoubtedly this England team are entertaining.
But I thought teams were out to win. Not sure that any Australian team would ever choose entertainment against winning ( even though they are normally entertaining)
In the Ashes, Australia will love an entertaining series...which they win
Its not like we have swapped winning for being entertaining though is it? Lost 2 in 12 tests winning the others, where as before the change of leadership and approach we were losing tests regularly. We lost by the narrowest margin to draw an away series, no real disaster, especially compared to what was happening before.

Back
Top Bottom