Sport Pakistan Test Series

Yep great for him. That will do his confidence the world of good.

It speaks volumes if the great Shane Warne liked him.

The crowds have been really disappointing.
In a teriffic Test series, it makes you wonder ( after all of the years with no cricket in Pakistan, do they care about Test cricket?)

Brook is approaching another century. He had had a sensational start to his Test career. It will be interesting to see how he does against the Aussi fast bowlers.

In Brisbabe, Aus beat S Africa by 6 wickets in 2 days ( highest score 218!)

The crowds have been really disappointing.
In a teriffic Test series, it makes you wonder ( after all of the years with no cricket in Pakistan, do they care about Test cricket?)

They discussed this on the commentary as David Gower asked the question, prompted by social media.

The ground in Karachi has a very poor view for a spectator and most of the stands are miles back from the boundary which exasperates this. Transport links are poor as well which doesn't help.

Sounds like it needs a redevelopment or a new one built.

They discussed this on the commentary as David Gower asked the question, prompted by social media.

The ground in Karachi has a very poor view for a spectator and most of the stands are miles back from the boundary which exasperates this. Transport links are poor as well which doesn't help.

I half heard that but then didn't they say that for 20 20's it would be pretty full?

I half heard that but then didn't they say that for 20 20's it would be pretty full?

Yes, they talked about the nuances between the games being different. According to the discussion, T20 is about 4/6s so gets close to the spectators whereas Test cricket is about the battle between bat and ball (ie. it is hard at Karachi to see the battle on the square with reverse swing).

They’ll never get it past the NIMBYs

Getting interesting again now - 3 quick wickets for Rehan. Bowling some dross, interspersed with beautiful deliveries. Babar out to long hop but Rizwan got an absolute jaffa.

Getting interesting again now - 3 quick wickets for Rehan. Bowling some dross, interspersed with beautiful deliveries. Babar out to long hop but Rizwan got an absolute jaffa.
As an 18 year old, Rehan looks some player.
England have never in my lifetime had a quality Test leg spinner (Rachid the best by some distance, and England tried really hard with Ian Salisbury who just wasn't good enough)
Very early days I appreciate, but is it possible?

Why was he held back for so long this morning? He's only bowled 10 overs, whereas Leach is over 25.

As an 18 year old, Rehan looks some player.
England have never in my lifetime had a quality Test leg spinner (Rachid the best by some distance, and England tried really hard with Ian Salisbury who just wasn't good enough)
Very early days I appreciate, but is it possible?
You'd certainly hope so and he seems a confident boy. I watched a lot of the first innings and he started tentatively but bowled really well after finding his rhythm. He's got three stock balls and his googly does turn - given that spin bowlers, particularly leggies, tend to mature a lot later, we should keep our fingers crossed!

Why was he held back for so long this morning? He's only bowled 10 overs, whereas Leach is over 25.
That did seem odd. I could understand when we were playing our more tentative cricket but within this regime you'd have thought they would chuck him in.

Rehan Ahmed claims a 5-for on debut, Pakistan set England 167 to win. Crawley has come out and hit 2 4s in the first over to reduce the target to 159.

21-0 off 2 overs, are we trying to finish it today? 146 Needed.

Rehan Ahmed claims a 5-for on debut, Pakistan set England 167 to win. Crawley has come out and hit 2 4s in the first over to reduce the target to 159.
Taking 60 wickets over the three tests with a mixed attack has been as remarkable as the run getting.

Whatever happens now, the change since that terrible series in the West Indies has been something to behold - runs throughout the team and with Bairstow missing and young players like Brook and Rehan Ahmed breaking through.

The assault continues. 3 overs completed, England 34-0. 133 Needed.

Pakistan have never before lost 4 home tests in a row.

At what point will people stop questioning the way Stokes is doing things? I’m sure we’ll lose a test or two at some point, every single team in history does, but the turnaround from how poor we were is absolutely staggering.

Back
Top Bottom