🏏 1st Test, Hyderabad, January 25 - 28, 2024 - Eng won by 28 runs
🏏 2nd Test, Visakhapatnam, February 02 - 05, 2024 - Ind won by 106 runs
🏏 3rd Test, Rajkot, February 15 - 19, 2024 - Ind won by 434 runs
🏏 4th Test, Ranchi, February 23 - 27, 2024 - Ind won by 5 wickets
🏏5th Test, Dharamsala, March 07 - 11, 2024 - Ind won by innings and 64 runs

India: 4
England: 1​

Last edited:
Oh and Bairstow's 100th Test at the same ground that he played his 100th ODI.
175 now and Bairstow has 29 in 17 balls!

Did Bairstow think it was a twenty over match? Strange innings, hopefully now he has his 100th cap we look elsewhere.

I think Crawley and Duckett have the right to look at the rest of the batting lineup and say WTAF???? Just about every innings they have provided a decent platform, only for us to collapse like a poorly stacked deck of cards stood on a jelly table in an earthquake.

I think heads might already be on the plane home even if the bodies are still out there.

I think so too. They’re giving wickets away.

You can forgive them if it was a turning pitch with the ball going sideways or Bumrah having one of his fantastic spells, but it’s not. It’s brainless cricket at times.

This one done by an innings perhaps?

I think Crawley and Duckett have the right to look at the rest of the batting lineup and say WTAF???? Just about every innings they have provided a decent platform, only for us to collapse like a poorly stacked deck of cards stood on a jelly table in an earthquake.

I was just thinking this, been the odd big score from someone below them but as a unit from 3-6 they have been pretty terrible, take away each ones top score and the other 8 innings sees them with near tail ended averages, can't have so many batsmen so far up the order fail this regularly and come away with anything more than a heavy beating over a 5 test tour of places like India or Australia.

Last edited:
218 all out. Pretty pathetic.
Crawley 79 and nobody else scored 30.
All of the wickets to the spinners....

I think so too. They’re giving wickets away.

You can forgive them if it was a turning pitch with the ball going sideways or Bumrah having one of his fantastic spells, but it’s not. It’s brainless cricket at times.

This one done by an innings perhaps?

An innings defeat looks very likely now, we managed to win the toss, have a good start on what looks a decent batting pitch to then collapse and have them make reducing our very small total look very easy all in the first day.
I think if you offered them the chance to concede and go home at close of play today that would happen, can only imagine some of the shots that will be played in our second innings, every Bairstow shot a reverse sweep on one knee over extra cover, should be fun for all of 3 balls.

Only Jimmy Anderson showing any sort of control, 4 overs for 4 runs.

Jaiswal gone, he got his 5th 50 plus in 9 innings before that but still at least its something from what has turned into a terrible day.

Last edited:
Did Bairstow think it was a twenty over match? Strange innings, hopefully now he has his 100th cap we look elsewhere.

Average of 36.38 over those 100 Tests. That's in good, but definitely not great territory.

Between January and July 2022 he had an utterly absurd spell of form, and that extended his Test career, but for most of his time he's not quite been good enough. Some clear technical deficiencies too - a Test batsman should not be getting clean bowled and/or trapped lbw as often as he is.

Assume Harry Brook will be back for the summer? If he is, it should be 100 and out for Bairstow.

Average of 36.38 over those 100 Tests. That's in good, but definitely not great territory.

Between January and July 2022 he had an utterly absurd spell of form, and that extended his Test career, but for most of his time he's not quite been good enough. Some clear technical deficiencies too - a Test batsman should not be getting clean bowled and/or trapped lbw as often as he is.

Assume Harry Brook will be back for the summer? If he is, it should be 100 and out for Bairstow.

Can’t disagree with that, it’s a fairly obvious move to bring Brook in for him. The only worry is that he isn’t exactly on his own as struggling with the bat, 3-6, the odd big score apart, are just not getting runs for us regularly enough.

Pope might also be under a bit of pressure, won’t change Root or Stokes obviously but you wonder if the one change is enough, maybe in English conditions in the summer with Woakes back it will be but not sure I would fancy our 3-6 on an ashes tour.

Can’t disagree with that, it’s a fairly obvious move to bring Brook in for him. The only worry is that he isn’t exactly on his own as struggling with the bat, 3-6, the odd big score apart, are just not getting runs for us regularly enough.

Pope might also be under a bit of pressure, won’t change Root or Stokes obviously but you wonder if the one change is enough, maybe in English conditions in the summer with Woakes back it will be but not sure I would fancy our 3-6 on an ashes tour.
Yes positions 3 to 6 have let us down in this series.
Pope had a fantastic start but has then flattered to deceive and Root had one very good 'Root' innings.
Brook seems to be a typical bazball type player- not sure how he wouod have done in India, but he could hardly have done worse.
This Test is the first where the difference in quality between the spinners looks very obvious

Well, cricinfo went on, I saw the current score, and cricinfo went off again... bloody hell... I'll pretend it isn't happening and catch up on the close of play score.

Cricket is an odd game in these circumstances.
Day 2 and England are virtually certain to lose by an innings.
This will be tomorrow innall likelihood or Sunday if a couple of batsmen do very well.
I assume that not many can be bothered to watch.....

Cricket is an odd game in these circumstances.
Day 2 and England are virtually certain to lose by an innings.
This will be tomorrow innall likelihood or Sunday if a couple of batsmen do very well.
I assume that not many can be bothered to watch.....

I will watch when I get up tomorrow, assuming we haven't somehow found a way to lose by 8am.

Back
Top Bottom