🏏 1st Test, Hyderabad, January 25 - 28, 2024 - Eng won by 28 runs
🏏 2nd Test, Visakhapatnam, February 02 - 05, 2024 - Ind won by 106 runs
🏏 3rd Test, Rajkot, February 15 - 19, 2024 - Ind won by 434 runs
🏏 4th Test, Ranchi, February 23 - 27, 2024 - Ind won by 5 wickets
🏏5th Test, Dharamsala, March 07 - 11, 2024 - Ind won by innings and 64 runs

India: 4
England: 1​

Last edited:
I just saw the first Test team that Jonny Bairstow played in ( v WI at Lord's).

Strauss
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Bairstow
Prior
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson

I don't reckon any of the current batsmen except for Root would get near that team.

I just saw the first Test team that Jonny Bairstow played in ( v WI at Lord's).

Strauss
Cook
Trott
Pietersen
Bell
Bairstow
Prior
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson

I don't reckon any of the current batsmen except for Root would get near that team.
No they wouldn't, and Root would be replacing Bairstow. What a batting unit that was.

I think Crawley is making a case for himself - scores of 76, 73, 40, 60 and 79 across 9 innings isn’t bad when pretty much every other England batter is failing.

There’s an argument for Stokes and Brook to also get in or close to that team, but apart from that yeah it seems full of quality and tough competitors!

I think Crawley is making a case for himself - scores of 76, 73, 40, 60 and 79 across 9 innings isn’t bad when pretty much every other England batter is failing.

There’s an argument for Stokes and Brook to also get in or close to that team, but apart from that yeah it seems full of quality and tough competitors!

This Stokes who can barely bowl? I don’t think he is getting in as just a batsman.

Crawley has played 43 Tests and only averages about 32.50.
Every one of the top five in that 2012 England line-up averaged 40+ over their (long) careers. Cook and KP were over 45.

Harry Brook is the one guy who might end up at that level because he's had an epic start to his career. But for now he's just a puppy.....needs to keep it going for a couple more years at least before he's in the conversation.

India all out 477, and lead by 259 runs.

Anderson picked up his 700th wicket, and Bashir getting another five wicket haul.

England well it’s a mountain to climb.

Crawley and Duckett are out in the middle, and have to face the music. Just as I type England have lost there first wicket.

Duckett returns to the dressing room, bowled by Ashwin. England 2/1 dreadful!!

England 102/4 an innings defeat I think. Terrible batting.

England 122/6

Ashwin with 5 wickets. The players have given up. No fight and determination apart from Root.

England all out 194 pathetic really. Lose by an innings and 64 runs.

Root and Hartley the only shining lights in that second innings.

Caught the last 45 minutes, nice knock from from Root but other than that an absolute hammering.

The series has ended up how we all thought it would, we picked up a win in a tight one and they were comfortable enough in the tests they won apart from the odd day or session, this team was never going to qin a 5 test series over there.

Bairstow will either retire or get dropped, Anderson will either retire now or hang about for a retirement farewell summer then go, plenty of room for improvement in the side and you would think we will see a few different players tried over the two summer series against beatable opponents, a lot of places to play for if anyone is good enough to take them.

Last edited:
It should, weather-permitting, be a 6-0 summer. Two of the weakest sides in Test cricket at the moment, playing in wholly unfamiliar conditions (Sri Lanka haven’t played a Test in England in eight years!)

Every seamer in County Cricket would fancy their chances this summer! And I bet Jimmy will want to pad his wicket total a little more. We should be taking the opportunity to take a look at some other bowlers but given his service, it’s only fair to give Jimmy the Lord’s and Old Trafford Tests if he wants them.

Is anyone expecting anything much from this series? Seen a few comments from the media that its not like going to India in the past as England players are used to it from playing in the IPL so didn't need to go there and prepare but I can't see that 20/20 is much use for a full test series, judging by our batting today and the fact we have gone at it like a one day match I don't think I am far wrong. Anything other than a white wash will be a pleasant surprise.
It's understandable to have reservations about England's preparedness for the series, especially with their T20 experience. However, cricket's unpredictability means surprises are always possible, even in the face of tough challenges.नरेगा जॉब कार्ड

It's understandable to have reservations about England's preparedness for the series, especially with their T20 experience. However, cricket's unpredictability means surprises are always possible, even in the face of tough challenges.नरेगा जॉब कार्ड

Wise, wise words.

But cricket becomes a bit more predictable when the series has concluded tbf.

Back
Top Bottom