Home Match Day Thread 8/12/2020 Papa John's Trophy OUFC v Forest Green Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So presumably one of Ruffels, Long & Obita will have to play LB then?
I guess KR will have to take a survey and see which of those three has the most energy at the moment......

Will be good to see all the fringe players get a run-out. Hopefully some of them can stake a claim for some more first team time.
Given the choice I would say give Obita a first outing for us in the position, though ideally would have rested all three.

It'll be nice for GOD (!) to make his debut, but more interested in the older youngsters getting a go tonight

Obita will be rested as he hasn't played so much for quite some time and won't be risked. While great to see GOD possibly come on I'd like to see the older youth given minutes as they are close, or should be , to pushing for the first team.

If there's a flowing move involving Elechi, Agyei, Shodipo, Osei Yaw and O'Donkor, I think Nick Harris's brain will just keel over.

EoukvBWUYAgH0Wc

Not going tonight but I will watch it on iFollow. Not usually bothered about this competition but as we are out of the other two cups, it would be good to go through.
And you never know if things improve with the virus we might be able to have a day out at Wembley later this year.

3-1 to the U’S

Chris Cadden's brother, Nicky, starts for FGR - wonder if he'll be watching on iFollow + who he'd support

Blimey a team of bad boys and rejects. None of them started in those positions on Saturday! Good luck to them. Bit of a hospital pass for Sykes, playing in left midfield when he’s much better at right wing.

Would perhaps like to have seen another u21 defender listed to fill the 7th spot on the bench, as there are a couple starting who are not guaranteed to make it to the end, or are they all injured or out on loan?

Blimey a team of bad boys and rejects. None of them started in those positions on Saturday! Good luck to them. Bit of a hospital pass for Sykes, playing in left midfield when he’s much better at right wing.
Maybe Forde and Hanson should both play behind Sykes, with Sykes in a central number 10 role, which is apparently the position he played back home in Ireland.

Maybe Forde and Hanson should both play behind Sykes, with Sykes in a central number 10 role, which is apparently the position he played back home in Ireland.
I also read that as Forde and Hanson as holding midfielders and Sykes behind the front man. Let's see.
COYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom