Away Match Day Thread 10/11/2020 Papa Johns Trophy - Walsall v OUFC

Malc

Staff member
If you lot keep on waiting for me to start a MDTthen I'll ...... keep on doing it myself. But if we lose it's not my fault.

Anyway we should win tonight . Guess I'll go fo a 0-3 win.

I’ll have a large meat feast please Malc? 8pm delivery will do nicely. As for the football 2-1. COYY

0-2 win
Clean sheet ,at last ,for the defence -abeit squad defence

And progression to the deep pan stage of the competition

United include five of their youngsters in the squad. Midfielder Josh Anifowose is an exciting midfielder who arrived this summer and is a first year scholar alongside goalkeeper Eddie Brearey who will act as cover for Jack Stevens tonight. They join under 21 team defenders Michael Elechi and Nico Jones in the squad plus midfielder Leon Chambers-Parillon who stands by for his first senior apperance.

Oxford boy Jordan Obita is included for the first time after signing yesterday while striker Sam Winnall could make his first start for the club after joining in the summer.

Brearey chosen ahead of the U21s keeper Plumley. And the outfield Jack Stevens doesn't seem to get a look in even though we've given him a pro.

Last edited:
Beginning to feel that my tenner spent on iFollow for tonight might have been well spent. Not necessarily for the result, not that confident yet but, an opportunity to see some of the youngsters getting a run out.

If you lot keep on waiting for me to start a MDTthen I'll ...... keep on doing it myself. But if we lose it's not my fault.

Well for wht's worth I think you have made a mistake in moving the MDT start point to the match day inst

Well for what it's worth I think you have made a mistake in moving the MDT start point to the match day. Previously we had all day now it's before 10 am or its started by yourselves.

Last edited:
Head, and heart, says 1-2.

not sure I can face watching it as IFollow constantly ‘sticking’ for me. Very frustrating.

Do we get a 1/2 price pizza?

United include five of their youngsters in the squad. Midfielder Josh Anifowose is an exciting midfielder who arrived this summer and is a first year scholar alongside goalkeeper Eddie Brearey who will act as cover for Jack Stevens tonight. They join under 21 team defenders Michael Elechi and Nico Jones in the squad plus midfielder Leon Chambers-Parillon who stands by for his first senior apperance.

Oxford boy Jordan Obita is included for the first time after signing yesterday while striker Sam Winnall could make his first start for the club after joining in the summer.

Brearey chosen ahead of the U21s keeper Plumley. And the outfield Jack Stevens doesn't seem to get a look in even though we've given him a pro.
Great to see the club doing this, even if they dont all get onto the pitch.
Generally the line of succession in keepers is fairly clear at the club, but with the departure of Max Harris to cheltenham, I have been wondering which of the three young keepers (Plumley, Brearey, Niemczycki) are deemed as next in line.
I would imagine Elechi will come on for Obita at some stage and Jones may start alongside Mousinho in the middle, or come on later and perhaps one of the two midfielders will get a run out late on, but we shall have to see.
Am I right in thinking that the contract for Jack Stevens II is only to January post-injury?
Surprised not to see Lopes involved as I thought he was only on a month's loan (same for Spasov, but his involvement for Woking on Saturday suggests that this has been extended)?

Well for what it's worth I think you have made a mistake in moving the MDT start point to the match day. Previously we had all day now it's before 10 am or its started by yourselves.
It's not worth a lot but for your information I woke up late this morning. And in your case, twice.

Great to see the club doing this, even if they dont all get onto the pitch.
Generally the line of succession in keepers is fairly clear at the club, but with the departure of Max Harris to cheltenham, I have been wondering which of the three young keepers (Plumley, Brearey, Niemczycki) are deemed as next in line.
I would imagine Elechi will come on for Obita at some stage and Jones may start alongside Mousinho in the middle, or come on later and perhaps one of the two midfielders will get a run out late on, but we shall have to see.
Am I right in thinking that the contract for Jack Stevens II is only to January post-injury?
Surprised not to see Lopes involved as I thought he was only on a month's loan (same for Spasov, but his involvement for Woking on Saturday suggests that this has been extended)?

Only based on the reports of the youth team games but Brearey comes over as making a good impression. An interesting choice considering the FA Youth Cup game against Wimbledon is tomorrow according to the last match report.

Wish they'd make these games a fiver on iFollow, just don't think I can justify a tenner.

Can't even listen on the radio as can't pick it up in London.
Completely agree. I have started to enjoy sitting down on a Tuesday night with a beer and watching our games, however on this occasion I am struggling to justify a tenner.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom