Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Any match. What a surprise!
Will we get a good topping on our Pizza tonight. I think so. At least 3 goals for the mighty Yellows. Unfortunately some time during the match the defence will let us down. So 3-1 the end score.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

2-1 home win.... and Vegan pizzas after the game

By my reckoning, we've already made £45,000 from this tournament so far (£20k participation prize, 2x£10k group stage wins, 1x£5k draw). There's another £20k available for winning this game. It's something to soften the blow from the games that we haven't able to have fans at.

It'll be a whacky XI and an opportunity for a few of the squad players to get a run out - maybe a last chance saloon for some too or a knowing opportunity to be looked at by scouts of other clubs.

With nothing of interest for us in the other cups and a play-off/promotion run more or less at an end with us losing too many matches too early again, the EFL Trophy at least adds something else to consider.

Although another £10 to watch and an under strength team we will be watching on ifollow. I don't think it is last chance saloon as KR will already know who has a future at OUFC. Hopefully the players will fight to win to make them attractive to potential new employers. Hall, Hanson, Sykes to name but 3.

By my reckoning, we've already made £45,000 from this tournament so far

Plus £5 for my concession ticket tomorrow! Going on my own so will be sitting in the East Stand as that seemed to be the only place with single tickets. It must be 15 years since I've had that view.

I've managed to bah myself a ticket to see this one live thankfully! I know it the PJT but its live football for the first time since Feb for me so can't wait! Looking forward to seeing Del Boy play, think he's been hard done by.

The PJT is may be the only opportunity for non ST holders to watch live football so I hope we win and get a home draw next round!

Won't be easy though, FGR are third in L2 and have a decent budget, our young lads will have to be on top of their game.

I've managed to bah myself a ticket to see this one live thankfully! I know it the PJT but its live football for the first time since Feb for me so can't wait! Looking forward to seeing Del Boy play, think he's been hard done by.

The PJT is may be the only opportunity for non ST holders to watch live football so I hope we win and get a home draw next round!

Won't be easy though, FGR are third in L2 and have a decent budget, our young lads will have to be on top of their game.

Yep, for the reasons you describe, and the extra cash, as well as the opportunities for fringe players, I'd like to see us do well in this - regardless of my general feelings for the competition.

Don't understand the people who don't care about tomorrow night. I want the other players in the squad to show what they're made of. I want Agyei to show KR that yes, against all evidence to the contrary, he is a striker. I want Hanson to show the fans that he isn't stealing a living as a professional footballer. I want Osei to demonstrate that KR was wrong in leaving him out of the 23. I want the youngsters to show that if there are injuries in our paper-thin backline that they have the nous when called upon. I want Eastwood to do well and gain some much-needed confidence. And most of all I want certain players in the normal starting XI to see that they can't just coast through games and there's someone in the wings who will take their place in a second.

The fact that we are out of all other cups earlier than usual is a reason to have a shot at this. Its an opportunity for fringe players and younger lads to have a competitive game and for KR to have a look at them.

A win...... build the mind set & momentum.

It`ll be flipping cold wrap up well!

So it's allowed to change the whole team from Saturday?
Probably? -don't this seasons vague n fluid 'rules', of this rather strange competition, now say something along the lines of the starting 11 must include 5 players who have played in some of the last 5 (?) games played (all competitions) or must have played in (something like 40%) of the previous games (all competitions) this season ? there again I may have either imagined all that, or the (administrative) powers that be at the EFL have changed the rules (several times) again already this season? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom