Away Match Day Thread 29/12/2020 L1 Plymouth Argyle v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the league it’s 6 played 12 points with Stevens against 13 games 13 points with Eastwood, so from relegation form to promotion form. Been a massive change for us which has paid off.
Cheers. Many fans were calling for the change far before KR did it though, I hope he learns from this.

For all of our angst on here (me included), have a look at the form table over the last 8 games:

Blimey...

That form table's not actually right though, is it? We're six unbeaten in the league, not eight unbeaten.

Cheers. Many fans were calling for the change far before KR did it though, I hope he learns from this.
Learns to listen to the fans? I hope he doesn't, or we would have the guy from North Leigh up front, every former player over 30 on the coaching staff and ten blokes who claimed they were Lyle Taylor on the wage bill!

That form table's not actually right though, is it? We're six unbeaten in the league, not eight unbeaten.
I didn't check - set it to six games then. We are second to Crewe - the point still stands.

Funny how people see things definitly. I thought shodipo was poor overall and agyei had a good game. Agyei used his strength well and won more than his fair share of headers allowing our midfield to push up. I thought he caused the plymouth defenders a lot of problems. Hanson had his best game for us as well i thought.

Exactly how I see it. Agyei was unlucky when he slipped just as he let fire. May of caused their keeper a bit of bother if he hadn't.

Our second goal was a thing of beauty(!) but for their penalty Long really should have known better than to touch the player when he had gone past him, and trust that other defenders were marking their men properly. It could have made the last ten mins or so a lot easier on the nerves!

Id agree with that but swap shodipo and agyei ratings around. Defence were brilliant today.
Really?Agyei played as a centre forwards yet has a decent chance in the first half that hd blazed over and then in the second that he curled well wide.
6 for Agyei is spot on in my view

Great result!

After an awful start, that had me genuinely concerned we were destined for the drop into the abyss of league 2, it looks like the yellow submarine has finally started to stir and splutter into life!

I might be being a tad over optimistic here, and there's still a lot of work to do, especially in terms of consistency over 90mins, but who knows, if we have a productive January transfer window, and recruit correctly, then maybe we could gatecrash the top 6!

Bring on Burton!

COYY

I didn't check - set it to six games then. We are second to Crewe - the point still stands.
Yeah, not arguing with the general point ay all - just curious why that table seems to ignore the Swindon game. (I mean, I'd love to ignore it, but...)

The original Ref couldn't make it for whatever reason so I'd imagine he was the nearest option available.
I've got a vague recollection of Us playing there and the ref getting injured and replaced by a Devonian a few seasons ago - no idea if it was the same bloke though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom