Away Match Day Thread 29/12/2020 L1 Plymouth Argyle v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think my post has been misinterpreted.

I’d like Gorrin to hold to allow full backs to advance and to protect the back four.

I’d like a Mcguane or Henry to play in a hole position behind the striker.

I’d like Brannagan to play with complete license, but deeper than the advanced midfielder to act as composer and quarterback. Sometimes that will mean playing behind Gorrin to pick up balls and wield his mighty leg. Sometimes he’ll be prancing forwards to the edge of the box to ping home from 18 yards.

A Francis Lampard vagabond of open space if you will

Entertaining game which we won because Plymouth wanted to play a passing game and we had players who could pass better. When Wimbledon pressed us we showed that we couldn’t cope when players aren’t given the time and space to pass the ball. We also don’t have the physical strength to change our style to a more long ball game. Whilst there were several good positives - McGuane as already mentioned continues to improve and become an influential player in games and Hanson showed that he can be a capable deputy for Gorrin considering this was his first full game for many months - their goals were disappointing defensive lapses. The first came from our throw in their half which was played back and carelessly lost whilst Long was still out of position and the second when Forde got turned very easily and Long was caught out a yard behind his man causing him to give away the penalty. Surprised that Winnall didn’t get time on the pitch if he is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom