Home Match Day Thread 8/12/2020 Papa John's Trophy OUFC v Forest Green Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shodipo was very lucky and won't be asked to take another I imagine but Mous finishes it of well. The Us progress. COYY.

Happy with that. Make shift team. Good for the young lad to get on. Onwards and upwards. COYY

Can someone describe Shodipo’s pen in detail please? Did he try something risky? No pictures or sound here tonight! 👍

Thought Karl had lost his marbles good and proper by selecting O’Donkor aka GoD
to take the first spotkick.

What do I know - he stroked it in with his left foot as sweet as a nut sending Luke McGhee the wrong way.

Gutsy from a young 16 year old boy.

Last edited:
Can someone describe Shodipo’s pen in detail please? Did he try something risky? No pictures or sound here tonight! 👍
Like Panenka in 1976 but so, sooooooo much worse.

Barely had the pace to cross the line.

The 'keeper who'd dived right could've had a fag and a cup of tea before re-gaining his feet and saving it, but for some bizarre reason (probably his vegan diet) had given up the ghost and played possum instead.

Last edited:
Clare and Agyei the two players from that who should be troubling the first team.

Forde a bit of a disappointment, can’t see him getting in the team any time soon.

Some good positives to take from that game:

Nico Jones could develop into a player, he’s strong, can dribble and has a good left foot, yes he’s still young and makes mistakes but I can’t see how he wouldn’t get a loan to a decent non-league team who pass the ball about at the back

Sean Clare played well, especially at left back - in fact both him and Obita looked better than Ruffels has all season, I’d rather see one of them play there than him at the moment due to his chronic lack of form

Jamie Hanson showed he can do an ok job still

Sykes worked hard, so clearly his head hasn’t gone after the strong words from Robinson in the media

Hall looked sharp and tidy

Agyei looked brilliant at times

Chambers-Parillion looks like he could be a hell of a player
Jones can bring the ball out well, but defensively looks very dodgy at times to me - I can see why he hasn't got a loan move.

Dont rate Hall and Sykes performances all that well to be honest. Lots of huff and puff, but as usual no end result. And how many needless fouls did Sykes make.

Hanson was largely okay.

Chambers-Parillon looks like he could step into the proper squad quite soonish. Calm on the ball and also can pass and shoot.

Clare had a good game on both sides at full back, especially taking the ball forward.

I don't think anyone really did enough to warrant a league start in the positions they were played.

was one of those chipped down the middle penalties that relies on the keeper moving but was so slow it only just got over the line before the keeper got back.

Hmm, he ran up, very slowly, tried to do something clever with it, keeper dived, the ball went straight down the middle v e r y s l o w l y. If it had happened to Eastie, KR would've laid into him for not getting up and stopping it.

Thought Karl had lost his marbles good and proper by selecting O’Donkor aka GoD
to take the first spotkick.

What do I know he stroked in with he left foot as sweet as a nut sending Luke McGhee the wrong way.

Gutsy from a young 16 year old boy.
KR does that kind of thing. He did it with Spasov a couple of years ago (and made Baptiste captain v Man City before he was a regular)

Youngest player and the youngest scorer. Weird match really. Not a lot of real quality but it was interesting. Of course as it was my first real match of the season that did colour my views.
At the risk of being negative I didn't really see anyone who stood out enough to really push the current first team squad.

How has Hanson done? Better than Kelly as a DM?

Did alright I think especially considering he is working back to fitness. Had some nice touches with one in the 1st half leading to his shot being blocked.

S H O D I P O nonchalantly strode up , checked his watch, and just gently stroked the ball very slowly down the middle and into the net
as ‘keeper McGhee looked on in horror. As I said it was just outrageous.

Some good positives to take from that game:

Nico Jones could develop into a player, he’s strong, can dribble and has a good left foot, yes he’s still young and makes mistakes but I can’t see how he wouldn’t get a loan to a decent non-league team who pass the ball about at the back

Sean Clare played well, especially at left back - in fact both him and Obita looked better than Ruffels has all season, I’d rather see one of them play there than him at the moment due to his chronic lack of form

Jamie Hanson showed he can do an ok job still

Sykes worked hard, so clearly his head hasn’t gone after the strong words from Robinson in the media

Hall looked sharp and tidy

Agyei looked brilliant at times

Chambers-Parillion looks like he could be a hell of a player
You missed out Shodipo’s goal which was very , very good. He showed great strength and pace to score from a difficult angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom