Home Match Day Thread 2/2/2021 Papa John's Trophy OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

OWS says

The U's made three signings on Deadline Day - Joe Grayson, Elliot Lee and Brandon Barker althogh none of them are likely to be involved this evening.

Instead boss Karl Robinson is likely to give Jamie Hanson, Mark Sykes, Anthony Forde, Rob Hall, Dan Agyei and Sam Winnall the opportunity to stake their claim for a more regular starting place. All six have been regulars on the subs bench but struggled for game time with the U's on an eight game winning streak.

Simon Eastwood returns in goal but Marcus McGuane and John Mousinho are missing through injury.

-----

McNally won't be considered for selection by us before the final month of the season, with a mini pre-season type plan done for him and then the hope of a loan move to the Conference. (KR Interview yesterday)

So if McNally isn't ready yet (sounds fair enough), and it's too soon for yesterday's signings (which it probably is by rule) - then I guess we have to play pretty much our regular first choice back four? Or maybe slot Forde into RB, shift Long over to CB and give Atkinson a rest (because he seems to be the most fragile)?

So:

Eastwood
Forde Long Moore Ruffels
Hanson
Sykes Hall
Agyei Winnall Shodipo

Perhaps? With Stevens, Atkinson, Gorrin, Brannagan, Kelly, Henry & Taylor on the bench?

Once we can play our new signings, we'll have good depth and options.
But tonight, without them and without being able to call on the yoof, we're basically down to the last man standing!

Am I the only one who could not resist the 4/5 on us so really want our best side out to win this game
I see no point in playing Hall as he will not feature in another match day squad.
Lets win it for my bank account !

Hate this competition but these are unprecedented times, I'm bored shielding, its a competition we can win with reasonable prize money. Hoping we put out a decent side and result.

Strong bench. Interesting to see Hanson at CB. Grayson on the bench so, at least one new face!

Why are we playing Hall? He's hardly going to get in another match day squad. Should of went with Agyei from the start.

Back
Top Bottom