Home Match Day Thread 2/2/2021 Papa John's Trophy OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Apart from us, is it Sunderland, Lincoln and Tranmere?

If so, I'd like us to play Tranmere next so that (should we win) we'll get Sunderland or Lincoln in the final - which would be a good game.

If so, I'd like us to play Tranmere next so that (should we win) we'll get Sunderland or Lincoln in the final - which would be a good game.

It'll end up being Sunderland or Lincoln away.

Pessimist! ;)

Tranmere home or away, the other two at home = 66% chance
The Charlie Methven Fan Club or the Michael Appleton Body Building Society away = 33% chance

You are are right though - it'll be the latter :)
What about the other 1%?? 😉

Yes, and what would it do to all the newly-freed British fish?!

I'll change the other 1% - the games will be cancelled due to a mysterious rash of pitch-invading dogs.

Well worked out

Yes, and what would it do to all the newly-freed British fish?!

I'll change the other 1% - the games will be cancelled due to a mysterious rash of pitch-invading dogs.

We haven't invited the Bomb Dog back again have we?

If we get to the final we ought to have a well behaved dog as a mascot, it would be a fitting tribute to Cuddy if a dog ran on to the pitch

So what do forumees think about the team KR should select for the Tranmere semi-final?

Suddenly become a relatively lucrative game.

Stick with that which has worked pretty well to date +/- out of loyalty to the players that have got us here?

Or, give the game the respect it deserves and pick the best available XI, for fear of going the same way as the Posh?

So what do forumees think about the team KR should select for the Tranmere semi-final?

Suddenly become a relatively lucrative game.

Stick with that which has worked pretty well to date +/- out of loyalty to the players that have got us here?

Or, give the game the respect it deserves and pick the best available XI, for fear of going the same way as the Posh?
I think for squad unity, and the sheer amount of games we have coming up, you simply have to keep giving the less-picked players a chance in the trophy. After all, they’ve done well enough so far!

Start with the majority of those who have done well so far, but if one or two of the new loanees haven't played much, then mix them in there. Have a strong bench so that if things are looking sticky we can beef things up (with five potential subs, that is doable).

Back
Top Bottom