Home Match Day Thread 2/2/2021 Papa John's Trophy OUFC v AFC Wimbledon

Still think they should hold the finals back until fans can attend in reasonable numbers. I’m sure Lg1 and 2 teams could find a slot at the end of the season or beginning of next. We’ve missed one Wembley final already, it’d be a real kick in the teeth for fans, and the players, if we miss another one if we get there.

Both semi final ties to be shown live on Sky. Kick off 6pm Either Tuesday 16th or Wednesday 17th Feb.

That game against Wimbledon was worth a lot of cash if you take account of the TV money here plus the money for winning on Tuesday.

Yup. Club gets good money from Sky though.
but less OUFC supporters watching the matches live? - I'm not taking out a sky subscription just to watch 2, hopefully 3 OUFC matches.... Jerome and The Rad-ox team it'll be for me

• React
Reactions: m
Hopefully be able to get the matches on ifollow, wont be fair to us that have been watching the other rounds held to ransom by bloody sky tv

but less OUFC supporters watching the matches live? - I'm not taking out a sky subscription just to watch 2, hopefully 3 OUFC matches.... Jerome and The Rad-ox team it'll be for me
Would the club not do iFollow?

yes its a bummer if they are not on ifollow

Hopefully be able to get the matches on ifollow, wont be fair to us that have been watching the other rounds held to ransom by bloody sky tv

The whole of football has been held to ransom by Sky TV since 1992. Ain't going to stop now!

More hope that the game will be on iFollow for us here on the other side of the Atlantic. But even then, it will depend on whether ESPN+ decide to show it........if they do, no iFollow.

Both semi final ties to be shown live on Sky. Kick off 6pm Either Tuesday 16th or Wednesday 17th Feb.

I thought 6 PM seemed very early, but that's the midweek the Champions League returns. Hence us getting shunted back. Mind you, I don't suppose it makes that much difference at the moment what with working from home, but still a bit inconvenient.

Just think though, the winners on the 13th get to hold the cup for less than 24 hours before giving it to the next holders.
If it is Portsmouth, they will add the 'Shortest cup holders' record (24hrs) to their 'longest cup holders' record from when they held the FA Cup from 1939 to 1945...

I wonder if someone slightly famous will do the actual draw. Guess it depends on who is a pundit that night. Not sure if I can contain the excitement.

Back
Top Bottom