Home Match Day Thread 12/01/2021 Papa Johns Trophy OUFC v Cambridge United

Won by a cracking goal.
Moore, Long, Hall, and some of the substitutes did well.
Brannagan and Winnall unsurprisingly didn't look match fit but got time under their belt.
Just a shame that some of the fringe players didn't really take their chance (Hanson, Agyei)

Getting the win and going through the most important thing - clean sheet was a nice bonus - and good minutes in the legs for those who started and 30 mins for those who came on.

Can’t really say anyone massively improved their chances tonight. Our best XI is pretty clear, with Obita being the one who has to be challenging for a place somewhere in the team.

A run out for the B-team (majority) and some match time for a few first teamers who haven't played for 10 days. Not very impressive, and I'm not bothered about the competition, but the old cliché is that winning is a habit.

Eastwood - 7

Forde - 6.5
Moore - 7.5
Long - 7
Obita - 7

Hanson - 5.5
Brannigan - 6
Sykes - 6.5

Agyei - 6
Winnall - 4
Hall - 7

Subs

McGuane - 7.5
Shodipo - 6.5
Kelly - 6
Osei-Yaw - 5
Gorrin - 7

9 (unless Brannagan is ready) of the 11 won’t be starting on Saturday so I wouldn’t read too much into it.
I know but it’s frustrating when the first 20 mins was all Oxford and then we let Cambridge play. Agyei I like but tonight he was below par. Forde ive always spoke up for but tonight he proved he’s not a RB. Winnall had no service so hopefully Robbo will address that problem the crossing from Obita and Agyei was well of the mark.Eastwood pretty decent tonight.

Wimbledon, Peterborough and MK Dons or Northampton left in the southern section.

Sunderland, Hull, Lincoln and Tranmere or Leicester school boys in the northern section.

Avoid, Peterborough and we could have a tasty little final ahead of us!!!

Round of 16 (tonight) was regional; National from now on. No extra time until the final; semi is single leg. See www.EFL.com
I stand corrected!!!

Will still be nice to keep things local! Wimbledon next, winners of MK Dons/Northants in the semi and Sunderland in the final with Charlie as mascot in a half and half scarf!!!

Back
Top Bottom