Sport Winter Cricket Thread

A great win in what was a proper five day Test for a change. A pitch that had something in it for bat and ball.
Stokes is the modern day Botham. The captain can turn to him to make something happen just as Brearley etc did with Beefy.
Looking forward to the next one now. Glad that football has been banned in training!!

Third test starts tomorrow. The big question is who replaces Anderson in the bowling attack - my preference is Ascher, so Woakes it is!

Sad to see Leach have to come home to deal with the after effects on the sickness bug. Real shame for him.

Third test starts tomorrow. The big question is who replaces Anderson in the bowling attack - my preference is Ascher, so Woakes it is!

Sad to see Leach have to come home to deal with the after effects on the sickness bug. Real shame for him.
Archer is unfit by the sounds of it.
It appears that Wood may play as he has pace. They could go conservative and play Woakes.
Both haven't played much recently...

Archer is unfit by the sounds of it.
It appears that Wood may play as he has pace. They could go conservative and play Woakes.
Both haven't played much recently...
as was often said in the Star wars films .... regarding tomorrows 3rd test match , 'Ive got a bad feeling about this'

England won what looks like a big toss.
14 without loss after 7 overs and neither batsman looking in any trouble.
Apparently the pitch tends to break up near the end of the game so England have to make this first innings pay ...

Good to see Wood back in the side, although I do worry about him lasting a whole test, he's more fragile than Mr Glass...

Not sure what shot Root was playing, but it wasn't a good one!
England just dont seem to be able to stay patient for long periods of time.
Stokes and Pope trying to rebuild and 188 for 4 with the new ball due in 2 overs ( the first new ball did very little)
Maybe even 300 will be ok if the pitch deteriorates, but England should be looking at 400 really.

England just dont seem to be able to stay patient for long periods of time.
Stokes and Pope trying to rebuild and 188 for 4 with the new ball due in 2 overs ( the first new ball did very little)
Maybe even 300 will be ok if the pitch deteriorates, but England should be looking at 400 really.
sadly , the current England set up put more emphasis on short forms/ limited over Cricket matches, instead of the purest form of the game, Test cricket

I'm just going to repeat my post from the first innings of the last Test:
Crawley-Sibley-Denly-Root: 44-36-25-27. It's absolutely criminal that they all got in but none of them managed to go big. Or even reach 50!!?!!

I said the next England batsman to get out between 25 and 50 should be barred from air travel, and be forced to hitchhike home. And I'm sticking with it.

All four of them should probably set off right at the end of the Test so that they're home in time for the start of the county season.......

I hate to tempt fate and put the mockers on him, but Ollie Pope looks like he's gonna be around in this team a long time
Agree. Batting at 6 seems to fit his style/experience, his technique seems compact and he seems calm. It's a small sample size, but you can see why some in the England setup are excited to get him into the team. Plus he's scored runs in county cricket too.

Back
Top Bottom