Why do we allow half & half scarf sellers

I really don't like them, but it's a different matter for kids who might have one to remember a big game (especially if it's their first). I'd much rather see the money going to the club, but a fiver is not going to break the club - particularly against the cost of season tickets/shirts etc.

I really don't like them, but it's a different matter for kids who might have one to remember a big game (especially if it's their first). I'd much rather see the money going to the club, but a fiver is not going to break the club - particularly against the cost of season tickets/shirts etc.
I don't like them either but do see now their appeal to kids , spending a tenner on that colouring book surely shows commitment ?

Only half/half scarf i bought was a England/Kazacstan?? one for my lad on his 1st visit to England game.......bought England shirt each in sports direct ....got both for £7.50......same day ;)

No wonder it was cheap if they spelt Kazakhstan wrong!!
LOL hark at the sad cnut who had to check the spelling...... in case you hadnt noticed there was a question mark after the spelling attempt......tool and i didnt state how much the scarf was........double tool

LOL hark at the sad cnut who had to check the spelling...... in case you hadnt noticed there was a question mark after the spelling attempt......tool and i didnt state how much the scarf was........double tool

You really are one of life's winners aren't you?! Shame it was too difficult for you to get a match ticket, you could have got another scarf for the Oxfard Newkastle game!!!

Got my West Ham supporting nephew a half and half scarf at the Barnsley JPT final. Luckily that was official merchandise sold on the day that Oxford got a cut of. Wasn’t my first choice of merchandise but he still has it hanging in his bedroom and has been to a couple of Ox games since.

Whether we like it or not there is a market for them.

Some would froth at the mouth from the thought of half-and-half scarves, but happily buy a matchday programme at an away fixture. Half-and-halfs are never going to catch on with the regulars, but they're a souvenir of a match as much as a programme is (and probably better for a youngster, as Idoubt they'd want to read a whole programme). If it's your first game or a memorable match, I don't see too much harm in it. The thing that irks me is that the club sees none of this money.

I know, and will often get bits and pieces from Sue. However, 90% of fans (especially new fans) will either not see this, or will not stop. Having points of sale directly inside the ground wouled significantly increase sales as would be a fairly easy win in my view.

Agree with this. Never understood why merchandise couldn’t be sold right in front of the East stand so eveyone is staring at a few hundred cheap yellow and blue scarves and a bit of FOMO is created as people watch others buying

Unless kassam has a sales restriction inside the stadium in place

The 'unofficial' half-and-half scarves I have seen being hawked around the ground don't have the proper club crests on them (I suppose that is some attempt to avoid legalities) and - never mind whether you like them or not - therefore look absolutely awful. I can't see anyone other than kids wanting one really.

Back
Top Bottom