Matches Oxford United - 22/23 Half Season

Season performance in line with your expectations.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YellowSubmarine

As we enter 2023 & the second half of the season tomorrow v Exeter..

A breakdown at the halfway stage of our 2022.

Games played - 30
Wins - 10
Draws - 9
Losses - 11
Goals scored - 43
Goals conceded - 35
Clean sheets - 4
Biggest win - (5-0 / Leyton Orient)
Biggest defeat - (0-3 / Ipswich)
Top scorer - (Brannagan / 8 goals)

We all know it's below par. No one has suggested otherwise. But rather than dwelling a thousand times over on what has happened, why not look ahead to a new year and new opportunities?

We all know it's below par. No one has suggested otherwise. But rather than dwelling a thousand times over on what has happened, why not look ahead to a new year and new opportunities?
That's rather like saying "b****r, didn't win the lottery, next week then"
Instead of that, analyse where things went wrong and try to put them right.

If only there had been an opportunity to discuss what has gone wrong on the million other posts (by the same few posters!!!)

If only there had been an opportunity to discuss what has gone wrong on the million other posts (by the same few posters!!!)

I don't agree with you on alot of things but it's become a broken record on certain threads. We all know there were mistakes in the summer but everyone is to blame at the club including the mega rich owners who's takeover would probably be a record for the longest ever takeover.

Anyways in to 2023 let's be positive.

:We should see some movement on the new stadium front.
:We're getting a new scoreboard.
:We're facing the premier league leaders in the fa cup which is live on itv.
:We now have a month to get a few players in to improve us for the second half of the season.

Most importantly we are 8 points away from the play offs with 23 games to play, so still 69 points to play for. 2 points per game for the rest of the season would mean we finish on 75 points which would probably be enough for 6th place.

You may call me crazy for being optimistic but we still have 9 teams of the current top 12 to come to the Kassam and only 4 away games to a current top 12 side (Note we still have Barnsley both home and away)

Its not over until the fat lady sings!

I don't agree with you on alot of things but it's become a broken record on certain threads. We all know there were mistakes in the summer but everyone is to blame at the club including the mega rich owners who's takeover would probably be a record for the longest ever takeover.

Anyways in to 2023 let's be positive.

:We should see some movement on the new stadium front.
:We're getting a new scoreboard.
:We're facing the premier league leaders in the fa cup which is live on itv.
:We now have a month to get a few players in to improve us for the second half of the season.

Most importantly we are 8 points away from the play offs with 23 games to play, so still 69 points to play for. 2 points per game for the rest of the season would mean we finish on 75 points which would probably be enough for 6th place.

You may call me crazy for being optimistic but we still have 9 teams of the current top 12 to come to the Kassam and only 4 away games to a current top 12 side (Note we still have Barnsley both home and away)

It’s not over until the fat lady sings!

I’m calling you crazy.
Let’s see what the year brings

Back
Top Bottom