Fan's View When Saturday Comes Issue 410

willgreen

Evening gents,
I tend to share Oxford-related stuff I've written on here so here's a bit of a plug for a piece that's out now. I've written about being a young exile, and how that separates me from our older fanbase who saw us win the Milk Cup etc. That's not a particularly good description but it's better than what I usually turn out for Rage Online! I've put a bit of a preview in the image below.
I'm sure many of you have heard of When Saturday Comes, but for those that haven't, it's a football fanzine looking at less mainstream fan culture. It's a genuinely really good magazine and they're under a bit of financial pressure at the minute, so it's definitely worth picking up a copy. The writing also tends to be pretty good (my piece excepted).
Cheers,
Will

object lessons.jpg

Evening gents,
I tend to share Oxford-related stuff I've written on here so here's a bit of a plug for a piece that's out now. I've written about being a young exile, and how that separates me from our older fanbase who saw us win the Milk Cup etc. That's not a particularly good description but it's better than what I usually turn out for Rage Online! I've put a bit of a preview in the image below.
I'm sure many of you have heard of When Saturday Comes, but for those that haven't, it's a football fanzine looking at less mainstream fan culture. It's a genuinely really good magazine and they're under a bit of financial pressure at the minute, so it's definitely worth picking up a copy. The writing also tends to be pretty good (my piece excepted).
Cheers,
Will

View attachment 6353
Thanks for the โ€˜heads-upโ€™. I used to read this regularly back in the day and will pick up a copy again.

Get WSC on subscription. Saw your article Will. Good read. You describe us as a โ€˜little clubโ€™ though. Weโ€™re not.

WSC always reassuring in its ability to confirm there are worse anoraks out there than the reader.

Get WSC on subscription. Saw your article Will. Good read. You describe us as a โ€˜little clubโ€™ though. Weโ€™re not.

WSC always reassuring in its ability to confirm there are worse anoraks out there than the reader.
It's all relative!

Just finished reading a book by Harry Pearson, who is a regular contributor to WSC. He lives up Middlesborough way and is is a season of watching games in the Northern Leagues around that way.

The Farther Corner: A Sentimental Return to North-East Football​

Currently available for 99p on Kindle. Well worth a read with some very funny stories.

Just finished reading a book by Harry Pearson, who is a regular contributor to WSC. He lives up Middlesborough way and is is a season of watching games in the Northern Leagues around that way.

The Farther Corner: A Sentimental Return to North-East Football​

Currently available for 99p on Kindle. Well worth a read with some very funny stories.
You can get it free if you subscribe to WSC as well (I'm aware I sound like a bot but it is a good deal!)

I saw this elsewhere, I have a problem with the first sentence 'Hats are going out of fashion' when was this written? Over the past five years or so there has been a rise in the number of men wearing hats, especially caps partly due to the popularity of Peaky Blinders

There is even a shop in Oxford city centre purely dedicated to hats, imaginatively called Hats and Caps. I got excited when I saw it and thought capes were finally making a comeback, much easier to make a dramatic exit from a room wearing a cape.

I saw this elsewhere, I have a problem with the first sentence 'Hats are going out of fashion' when was this written? Over the past five years or so there has been a rise in the number of men wearing hats, especially caps partly due to the popularity of Peaky Blinders
Becks always wears a peaky blinders cap when he comes to our shop ;)

Back
Top Bottom