Mixter going + statement about Ultrasgate

If people made threats against this man or his family he should report it to the police and let them sort it out. Presumably he has some sort of evidence to make such accusations (texts, email, tweets etc)?

Imagen if the rest of the club decided not to do anything on saturday because they couldnt get in till 12 im speculating that the way the Ultras were spoken to probably got their back up....why couldnt someone have let them know on the friday to come at 12 to save all this bs they are important to us end of

Imagen if the rest of the club decided not to do anything on saturday because they couldnt get in till 12 im speculating that the way the Ultras were spoken to probably got their back up....why couldnt someone have let them know on the friday to come at 12 to save all this bs they are important to us end of
Because communication from the club is non-existent. This is something the SLO should be communicating, surely?

Because communication from the club is non-existent. This is something the SLO should be communicating, surely?

Perhaps the club didn't know until Saturday morning when they arrived that they weren't going to be allowed in to the stadium until 12?

Perhaps the club didn't know until Saturday morning when they arrived that they weren't going to be allowed in to the stadium until 12?
Apparently Chris Williams wrote about it in the programme for Saturday, so they did know about it days in advance.

The 12pm thing has been known about for many months, but the change on Saturday was the away team having their access more restricted and the Flags.

I’m sure many new army recruits class the Sargent major as a bully. A lot of people making a judgement on a person they have never met

Sargent Majors are bullies by nature of their role.

It does not work to equate that with a customer service role. You manage safety then you need to engender respect amongst your key stakeholders so that they buy into what you say.

A man who can not communicate basic messages in advance, who hides flags from essentially a bunch of kids as leverage against protest, who manages to create multiple issues in his team through balloons, flags, thermoses, and hanging wires is I’m afraid not as competent as you make out.

He may talk a good game to his bosses but he’s been found wanting multiple times. I dont need to have tea and biscuits in a cozy Oxvox setting and watch him put on an act to work that out.

It does not work to equate that with a customer service role. You manage safety then you need to engender respect amongst your key stakeholders so that they buy into what you say.

A man who can not communicate basic messages in advance, who hides flags from essentially a bunch of kids as leverage against protest, who manages to create multiple issues in his team through balloons, flags, thermoses, and hanging wires is I’m afraid not as competent as you make out.

He may talk a good game to his bosses but he’s been found wanting multiple times. I dont need to have tea and biscuits in a cozy Oxvox setting and watch him put on an act to work that out.
Well put @Ricky Otto ..... I met Mr Mixter (an an oxvox open meeting-where he was a guest speaker) .... he was very knowledgable regarding rules,regulations and the like. He also came across as someone who views the world and life in general in monochrome, as in everything is black and white....with absolutely NO grey areas whatsoever. Possibly a product of his previous positions of empoyment in the armed forces and also the police (transport police I believe) , both of which can and do see individuals of a certain level of authoritiy expect tjeir word/commands to be obeyed without question. I think one of the (err) major 'failings' of mr Mixter was ,like in many areas of employment, that he was promoted to the level of his incompetance. Its no good if someone is promoted to a position of authority without posessing any semblance of people skills.... in mr Mixters case, he was without any question an expert in stadium safety and security matters, however football is part of the entertainment business , paying customers should be treated with respect, which is where possessing people skills is paramount. Mr Mixter in my opinion , severely lacked any people skills, something OUFC may want to consider when interviewing his potential replacement? ..... mr Mixter rules are rules with no common sense applied approach, & lack of any discernible people skills in the real world (as in not armed forces or other uniformed set up), seem to have been added to by his seemingly 'too close 'association with the stadium manager , who is the on site representative of the tax exiled slum landlord, who as we all are now aware is in a toxic legal dispute with Mr Mixters employers (now former employers)OUFC, result of which came to a head on Saturday morning. Treat people like people they invariable act like people, treat people like a sub species , disrespectfully and confrontationally, don't be surprised if those treated in such a way respond by acting how they're treated. There's an old adage 'you reap what you sow' which seems to apply imo, the only surprise is that the situation that came to a head sat last didn't happen a lot earlier.

Last edited:

He’s not in a customer service role !

We don’t sit an watch him put on an act, we work along side him passing on fans concerns and trying to find solutions, in exactly the same way we do with the ultras.

Balloon gate effected one person with an agency steward. Which was quickly corrected and apologised for. And it’s exactly that sort of laying blame on one person that has led to some of the non fact hatred aimed at him. Same with terms like bullying a bunch of kids.

Was he perfect ? Maybe not, but I’m sure every single person on here knows they could have handled something in their past better. What doesn’t get mentioned is the efforts he put in with the ultras to try and improve things? Having them help test the barriers and act as patients working together. The fact that the food bank was solely his idea and raised hundereds of pounds for an excellent cause.
Like him or not ,he was very good at his job, and without him Oufc would have in all likelihood faced some very serious sanctions. Does anyone deserve the kind of abuse/threats he received for carrying out his role ? No

We don’t sit an watch him put on an act, we work along side him passing on fans concerns and trying to find solutions, in exactly the same way we do with the ultras.

Balloon gate effected one person with an agency steward. Which was quickly corrected and apologised for. And it’s exactly that sort of laying blame on one person that has led to some of the non fact hatred aimed at him. Same with terms like bullying a bunch of kids.

Was he perfect ? Maybe not, but I’m sure every single person on here knows they could have handled something in their past better. What doesn’t get mentioned is the efforts he put in with the ultras to try and improve things? Having them help test the barriers and act as patients working together. The fact that the food bank was solely his idea and raised hundereds of pounds for an excellent cause.
Like him or not ,he was very good at his job, and without him Oufc would have in all likelihood faced some very serious sanctions. Does anyone deserve the kind of abuse/threats he received for carrying out his role ? No
Nobody deserves threats to themselves or family..... however like it or not football is part of the entertainment business. Paying customers should be valued by all employees of professional football clubs. Use of people skills instead of an I'm in charge, you will do exactly what I instruct you to-do, without question' sort of confrontational& bullying military type approach is not, in my opinion, how to treat paying customers of your employer. People deserve to be treated as valued customers not treated at best as an annoyance....... anyone who interacts with thier employers customers should possess a semblance of people skills...... as expert as he was in the work he was overseeing for oufc Mr Mixters people skills were it seems non existant. Flag gate (1) including screaming n shouting at a couple of Ultras in a 'meeting' in the aftermath, balloon gate, flask gate, employing bouncers from swindon , his aborted ox tails data base idea for 'problematic' oufc supporters, and most recently flag gate (2- 'this time its personal') are all prime examples of his lack of people skills

Last edited:

FYI, the barriers were an Ultras idea which he stole. We decided to let him have it as a way of saying “we’ll put up with your s**t if it makes our lives easier”.

I would say it’s very much of a customer service role. The safety of people at a major event is part of their experience, and knowing how to ensure that your customers experience a safe environment requires you to communicate effectively with them.

If not then you are just a handyman.

And I’m not sure why you insinuate that I think he deserves personal abuse to him or his family although we have only his word so far on that. Criticism of performance should not be conflated with abuse and it is disingenuous to hide behind it as such.

That’s great that he did some charity work but it’s got nothing to do with his job so not sure why it’s relevant. I do voluntary work but I don’t go to my boss and ask for a pat on the back for it.

And I am quite comfortable suggesting that he has bullied the ultras given I know and trust a few of them and what I’ve heard. They have no reason to lie.I do worry that your general tone of support for him, as fan representative, may have come across in discussions with him hence empowering him to feel his actions are somehow validated.

They most certainly are not.

He is an employee of the club, representing the club and had to communicate with the clubs customers every single match. Therefore, he should have adjusted his robust style accordingly, no? Anyone else employed by the club would have to do so, from the tea ladys to the chairman. If you are employed and representing OUFC, you respect your paying customers and loyal fans with the utmost respect, that goes for all football clubs, and jobs!

Unfortunately Mixters form of communication with fans was inviting them to "discuss" then unloading a barrage of shouting and abuse as if you've broken the law, do what he says... or else! At no point did he EVER put in, quote "efforts he put in with the ultras to try and improve things?". Myself and plenty of others have been on the end of Mixter on countless occasions, and I challenge you to find one who thought he openly tried to improve things and work on the relationship. You just leave feeling like you've fallen out of love with your football club, every time.

The barrier idea came from the Ultras, we posed the idea to him and he suddenly ran with it and claimed it as "his brainchild". We were not entirely fussed as it would end up working for both of us. However following the initial "test" and public appraisal, seeing the press and relevant authorities coming to see it, he had no interest in actually finishing it to our benefit. Hence why there is only 1 small bar at the back of the stand to this day. We were led to believe the financing was in place to complete it, but that turned out to be pie in the sky.

"Non fact hatred aimed at him. Same with terms like bullying a bunch of kids." Were you there when it happened then? I was, or was mine just a mythical dream? I felt like never returning after the first meeting with him, and that I wasn't welcome back in the stadium. But if he's not in a customer service role I guess that makes things okay? He must be very good at his job, I never saw it though!

Last edited:
He is an employee of the club, representing the club and had to communicate with the clubs customers every single match. Therefore, he should have adjusted his robust style accordingly, no? Anyone else employed by the club would have to do so, from the tea ladys to the chairman. If you are employed and representing OUFC, you respect your paying customers and loyal fans with the utmost respect, that goes for all football clubs, and jobs!

Unfortunately Mixters form of communication with fans was inviting them to "discuss" then unloading a barrage of shouting and abuse as if you've broken the law, do what he says... or else! At no point did he EVER put in, quote "efforts he put in with the ultras to try and improve things?". Myself and plenty of others have been on the end of Mixter on countless occasions, and I challenge you to find one who thought he openly tried to improve things and work on the relationship. You just leave feeling like you've fell out of love with your football club, every time.

The barrier idea came from the Ultras, we posed the idea to him and he suddenly ran with it and claimed it as "his brainchild". We were not entirely fussed as it would end up working for both of us. However following the initial "test" and public appraisal, seeing the press and relevant authorities coming to see it, he had no interest in actually finishing it to our benefit. Hence why there is only 1 small bar at the back of the stand to this day. We were led to believe the financing was in place to complete it, but that turned out to be pie in the sky.

"Non fact hatred aimed at him. Same with terms like bullying a bunch of kids." Were you there when it happened then? I was, or was mine just a mythical dream? I felt like never returning after the first meeting with him, and that I wasn't welcome back.

I never said that I don’t believe it happened, i said I don’t agree your a “bunch of kids”, I think that’s the wrong term and also disrespectful to u guys. I don’t think u should take personal abuse any more than he should, and we have offered both sides help to improve the matchday experience and relations. All sides Probably feel let down and pissed off, which is never good in any fan base/club, at times like this it needs everyone united, we need to all find a way to work together, bigger issues have made things worse and the disconnect between club and fans is as low as it has been in decades, but we as fans all want the same thing, a club we can be proud of.

As for the barriers,to this day only still being 1 and having no interest to finish it. That’s because the final safety approval was only given last week.

I never said that I don’t believe it happened, i said I don’t agree your a “bunch of kids”, I think that’s the wrong term and also disrespectful to u guys. I don’t think u should take personal abuse any more than he should, and we have offered both sides help to improve the matchday experience and relations. All sides Probably feel let down and pissed off, which is never good in any fan base/club, at times like this it needs everyone united, we need to all find a way to work together, bigger issues have made things worse and the disconnect between club and fans is as low as it has been in decades, but we as fans all want the same thing, a club we can be proud of.

As for the barriers,to this day only still being 1 and having no interest to finish it. That’s because the final safety approval was only given last week.
Some of them have been under 18 years old though, which some would define as a kid! Most around the 18/19 age range, probably not long stopped attending football with family to help with the ultras instead.

As for the final safety approval being given last week, another line of communication he failed with whilst alluding to it being a very different timescale!

Some of them have been under 18 years old though, which some would define as a kid! Most around the 18/19 age range, probably not long stopped attending football with family to help with the ultras instead.

As for the final safety approval being given last week, another line of communication he failed with whilst alluding to it being a very different timescale!

Communication is key to everything mate, and I think everyone even the club knows that it’s not been good enough. Do it better and u cut half the problems before they even emerge.

Communication is key to everything mate, and I think everyone even the club knows that it’s not been good enough. Do it better and u cut half the problems before they even emerge.
They are still doing it. No mention of the Kassam winding up order on the OWS. They simply don't learn.

Back
Top Bottom