League One Tinpot Reading

My first thought was "lets do an anti-biscuitmen song" then i thought "better to just ignore it entirely and not give them any acknowledgement"

Although the fans can't choose how an owner runs their club, I feel no sympathy for them in this situation whatsoever. They wasted parachute payments and carried on outrageous spending for years all whilst their yearly accounts published each year showed alarming signs of what was to come, there were no protests, no concerns, just the continued arrogance and mocking us being below them.

"Reading no longer benefit from parachute payments, having received £71m in the four years up to 2017"

"Their annual losses have been particularly high in the last four years (2018 £21m, 2019 £30m, 2020 £42m and 2021 £36m), amounting to an amazing £129m in this period."

"The wage bill fell from £37.6m to £32.2m (2021 to 22). Down from £40.7m two years ago (2020), though this was still higher than the £27.9m when they last received parachute payments in 2017, which highlights how much the owners have invested (wasted)."

"The wages to turnover ratio increased from 211% to 234%, only surpassed by Brentford (impacted by hefty promotion bonuses)."

"Gross debt rose £14m from £87m to £101m, almost entirely owed to the club’s owners. This has quadrupled from £25m in 2011. In fact, it would have been as high as £143m if the owners had not converted £42m of loans into capital in last two years. Nevertheless, the £101m gross financial debt is still 5th highest in the Championship"

Yes the club has been managed poorly by the owner, but they have had to spend excessively, worse than any other Championship club just to stay there. Meanwhile clubs in League One and Two need to spend no more than 50 and 55% of their turnover on wages, compare this to Readings 234%?!?!

Through all this we had to endure mocking about us being league(s) below, not as big as they are, tinpot etc etc. It was all a fad and now it's coming home to roost they absolutely hate the reality of where their club should actually be, well that is where it sits right now. Your owner couldn't keep up with the expectations and can't afford to keep it up any longer, shock!

Last edited:
Although the fans can't choose how an owner runs their club, I feel no sympathy for them in this situation whatsoever. They wasted parachute payments and carried on outrageous spending for years all whilst their yearly accounts published each year showed alarming signs of what was to come, there were no protests, no concerns, just the continued arrogance and mocking us being below them.

"Reading no longer benefit from parachute payments, having received £71m in the four years up to 2017"

"Their annual losses have been particularly high in the last four years (2018 £21m, 2019 £30m, 2020 £42m and 2021 £36m), amounting to an amazing £129m in this period."

"The wage bill fell from £37.6m to £32.2m (2021 to 22). Down from £40.7m two years ago (2020), though this was still higher than the £27.9m when they last received parachute payments in 2017, which highlights how much the owners have invested (wasted)."

"The wages to turnover ratio increased from 211% to 234%, only surpassed by Brentford (impacted by hefty promotion bonuses)."

"Gross debt rose £14m from £87m to £101m, almost entirely owed to the club’s owners. This has quadrupled from £25m in 2011. In fact, it would have been as high as £143m if the owners had not converted £42m of loans into capital in last two years. Nevertheless, the £101m gross financial debt is still 5th highest in the Championship"

Yes the club has been managed poorly by the owner, but they have had to spend excessively, worse than any other Championship club just to stay there. Meanwhile clubs in League One and Two need to spend no more than 50 and 55% of their turnover on wages, compare this to Readings 234%?!?!

Through all this we had to endure mocking about us being league(s) below, not as big as they are, tinpot etc etc. It was all a fad and now it's coming home to roost they absolutely hate the reality of where their club should actually be, well that where it sits right now. Your owner couldn't keep up with the expectations and can't afford to keep it up any longer, shock!
And they want us to clap them?!?! No bloody way, in fact if anyone does start clapping them, I‘ll be booing. I don’t care if they end up playing Sunday League.

Well I won't be clapping.

And I'll fix anyone around me who does with a meaningful stare.
Jerome: "...and Oxford got 1-0 up in the 16th minute! Brannagan goes off to celebrate with the home fans who are delirious. Well, all except for that one bloke who is pointedly staring at everyone around him..."

Jerome: "...and Oxford got 1-0 up in the 16th minute! Brannagan goes off to celebrate with the home fans who are delirious. Well, all except for that one bloke who is pointedly staring at everyone around him..."

I'm not afraid to fix Jerome with a meaningful stare and a pointed one.

Maybe a bit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom