League One Tinpot Reading

Reading fans not only mocked us and our struggles but also mocked Pompey fans and Derby fans when they were close to going under.
Now they want sympathy? Not from me. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Now read that bit again

Now read that bit again
Yes I have and I know Reading fans from years ago who will be gutted with what’s going on with their club but it doesn’t mean I have sympathy for fans who celebrated years of success while publicly spending well above their means. Just like I wouldn’t expect other fans to have sympathy for us if we were spending 200% of our income on wages while we go through the leagues.
If we were in their position would I expect sympathy from other fans if we had over spent on years without questioning ourselves? No I wouldn’t.
It still concerns me now with us having a high wage budget compared to our income streams and I’d rather we progress through the leagues at a sustainable rate rather than a s**t or bust model.
We are lucky we have fans that are vocal when they think things aren’t as they should and they get called out early on.
What I also have never seen is our fans mock other teams such as Derby or Pompey when they were on the brink.
I even had sympathy for Wigan until they went and did the exact same thing again.

Yes I have and I know Reading fans from years ago who will be gutted with what’s going on with their club but it doesn’t mean I have sympathy for fans who celebrated years of success while publicly spending well above their means. Just like I wouldn’t expect other fans to have sympathy for us if we were spending 200% of our income on wages while we go through the leagues.
If we were in their position would I expect sympathy from other fans if we had over spent on years without questioning ourselves? No I wouldn’t.
It still concerns me now with us having a high wage budget compared to our income streams and I’d rather we progress through the leagues at a sustainable rate rather than a s**t or bust model.
We are lucky we have fans that are vocal when they think things aren’t as they should and they get called out early on.
What I also have never seen is our fans mock other teams such as Derby or Pompey when they were on the brink.
I even had sympathy for Wigan until they went and did the exact same thing again.
The difference is, we have been there and still have the tears and the t shirts. Hence I never mock anyone going through that s**t unless of course they took the P**s in our of hour of need.
I remember those times, Pompey and Brighton fans helped us get ourselves organised. We are all one owner from hell.
Some Reading fans deserve all they get, most don't.

Back
Top Bottom