National News Vaccine - have you had yours?

Have you had your vaccine?

• Total voters
being abruptly stopped in line with the EU.
What's the EU got to do with it? Norway isn't in the EU? Don't conflate the sovereign decision of a country in the EU with an EU decision.

I wonder how long it will be before we see the likes of France (apart from freight) and Germany added to the 'red list' for international travel? Rightly or wrongly I still think the best option as it stands is to get our numbers down, keep the vaccinations up and then stop all but essential international travel with added requirements for mandatory quarantine on arrival.

I like to travel long and short haul for work and holidays but if I had the option of a relatively normal life (that similar to friends experience in Aus & NZ) or some travel I'd bite your arm (non-vaccinated one) off!!! Give it 12 months and then see where we are!

Here is another way of looking at it.
The Ast/zen one is the cheapest and they are not looking to make a profit, all the others are. Are there economic influences at play here? If the EU and others stop buying it then they will have to order more of the others and the very large pharma's will make huge profits!!
We all know how governments and organisations like to 'award' big contracts to their allies and acqaintances!!

Here is another way of looking at it.
The Ast/zen one is the cheapest and they are not looking to make a profit, all the others are. Are there economic influences at play here? If the EU and others stop buying it then they will have to order more of the others and the very large pharma's will make huge profits!!
We all know how governments and organisations like to 'award' big contracts to their allies and acqaintances!!
Why do you keep say the EU? This is the independent decisions of individual counties. Denmark was the first country to pause roll out and it's not in the EU.

I am still scratching my head thinking that surely this can't be political. Can it?
There seems no other logical explanation. But that would be ridiculous.
Are the Germans half as confused as the British scientists/ medical experts seem to be?
Most definitely

What's the EU got to do with it? Norway isn't in the EU? Don't conflate the sovereign decision of a country in the EU with an EU decision.
So you don't think that the EU (or rather, the actions of countries jointly in the EU) has anything to do with it then? OK.

Most definitely

So you don't think that the EU (or rather, the actions of countries jointly in the EU) has anything to do with it then? OK.
Go on then, show me your evidence?

Politics, politics. "Making a point" to cover their collective failure. Sound familiar?
The EMA say it is safe but that hasn`t stopped several countries pausing their (failing) rollouts.
See the connection..... "We`ll say it`s dodgy, folk won`t want it, we`ll look good"............. they`ll still die with covid but hey ho, third wave here they come!!

Politics, politics. "Making a point" to cover their collective failure. Sound familiar?
The EMA say it is safe but that hasn`t stopped several countries pausing their (failing) rollouts.
See the connection..... "We`ll say it`s dodgy, folk won`t want it, we`ll look good"............. they`ll still die with covid but hey ho, third wave here they come!!
I'll put on down on the anti-EU BULLSHIT list.

Why do you keep say the EU? This is the independent decisions of individual counties. Denmark was the first country to pause roll out and it's not in the EU.

cos its a flock of 26 countries, all of which know its best to follow Germany and its side kick France

DENMARK ISN'T IN THE EU.

Do the capital letters help?

Never said it WAS you dick , neither are some of the other countries that have halted using the Oxford Jab but no doubt most of the noise is coming from those that are ! and the couple that have so far decided not to follow suit like Belgium will soon once the Krauts and Frogs exert pressure

Their vaccine rollout is a clusterfuck.
Ours is marching on at a ridiculous pace.

Reality and facts, I know you don`t like them.
The decisions to pause the roll out of the vaccine is not an EU one. It's a fact. Live with it. Don't perpetuate lies. You are better than that.

You know, you may very well be right. All of these countries are making their very own decisions and coming to the same conclusions, that AstraZeneca will cause blood clots. Against all the information from the EMA, WHO and their own leading doctors. Poland and Czech Republic believe it is completely safe, which has nothing at all to do with cases skyrocketing in both countries. And of course, Britain as the maker of the AZ vaccine absolutely LOVES it. Nothing at all of this is political.

These maps though...

ASZE.png1200px-2020_EU_MAP.svg.png

The decisions to pause the roll out of the vaccine is not an EU one. It's a fact. Live with it. Don't perpetuate lies. You are better than that.

Hopefully you have some coffee in the house, make yourself a cup and have a quick smell of it !

Hopefully you have some coffee in the house, make yourself a cup and have a quick smell of it !
Listen, I've said above the decisions to pause inoculations is wrong as it isn't backed up by the evidence (so far that is.. and I hope it never is as I have Oxford /AZ flowing around my veins) but the decisions are not EU decisions. Sorry that's a fact.

I think what is being said here is that the decisions are made by independent nations, some (most) of whom are members of the European Union. As to whether their decision making has been influenced by their membership is purely speculation at the moment.

Looking at some of the comments from scientific advisors in the countries, WHO and EMA it would appear that some of the decision making is perhaps not coming as a result of scientific advice. As to whether there is collective thinking, knee jerk reaction or something else entirely, we'll have to wait and see how it plays out. Based on the reports that I've read in the British press then I think there's a bit more to it than is being suggested.

Intriguing. A bit more to what?
As i've said above I think there's some politics at play here and there's more to it than countries like France and Germany (who weren't exactly promoting OX/AZ) stopping the roll-out of a vaccine they've struggled to get their hands on purely because approx 40 people out of 20 million have had complications.

For example.... If the shoe was on the other foot I have no doubt Boris and co. would be saying the vaccine was unsafe and the reason we'd only vaccinated 1 million people was due to it's efficacy or safety than supply and demand/admitting they'd screwed up. Just like they've done with shutting our borders, test and trace etc. Shift the blame...

Back
Top Bottom