Matches V Derby (h) **let’s get 10k**

This is the strangest dot count I've done for a long time!

Sales at midnight were between 7,500 and 7,550 which means about 150 sales over the previous 24 hours. This still puts us within 100 of the Sheff Wed, Portsmouth, and Bolton 10,000+ attendances from last season, at this point, despite the sluggish week of sales. It's due to the higher early figures, which I think are due to higher season ticket sales than last season and some good post KR sales early last week.

We normally sell between 400 and 600 on a Friday for these sort of games, and between 400 and 600 on the day (which includes the 290 people in boxes). This would get us to just over 8,500 home sales and just tip us over the 10,000 total. The problem is that there has been nothing "normal" about this one, so anything could happen!

I'll do an early afternoon count, but will then be busy all evening, so will do my normal midnight count and post it on here in the morning.

I think you should also factor in the weather
Especially as a possible hard frost is forecast for tonight. I know there is a pitch cover but this didn't prevent the Barnsley game from being called off. I know the club are trying to sell tickets but they should have mentioned on the official site whether or not a precautionary pitch inspection is planned for Saturday morning. Other clubs are more transparent than Oxford are when it comes to discussing the risks of a home game being called off.

Maybe I am looking at the wrong weather forecast but it doesn't look that bad in Oxford tomorrow? Well to get a game of football played in, not to sunbathe.

I swear every time it gets a bit nippy someone on here starts saying the game will be off, fairly standard March weather for this country.

Shite drive down for Derby fans but games have never been called off for that before.

Lightbulb moment. Give "The Migrants In Boats" tickets, the cost of which we can claim back from our generous Government. Sell out every week.
Simples.

Maybe I am looking at the wrong weather forecast but it doesn't look that bad in Oxford tomorrow? Well to get a game of football played in, not to sunbathe.

I swear every time it gets a bit nippy someone on here starts saying the game will be off, fairly standard March weather for this country.

Shite drive down for Derby fans but games have never been called off for that before.
Remember the Baseball Ground. Weston Super Mare mudflats....on a good day.

Lightbulb moment. Give "The Migrants In Boats" tickets, the cost of which we can claim back from our generous Government. Sell out every week.
Simples.
Give them free tickets to watch the shower of shite we are at the moment?
That is the best idea to stop the crossings I’ve heard so far

This is the strangest dot count I've done for a long time!

Sales at midnight were between 7,500 and 7,550 which means about 150 sales over the previous 24 hours. This still puts us within 100 of the Sheff Wed, Portsmouth, and Bolton 10,000+ attendances from last season, at this point, despite the sluggish week of sales. It's due to the higher early figures, which I think are due to higher season ticket sales than last season and some good post KR sales early last week.

We normally sell between 400 and 600 on a Friday for these sort of games, and between 400 and 600 on the day (which includes the 290 people in boxes). This would get us to just over 8,500 home sales and just tip us over the 10,000 total. The problem is that there has been nothing "normal" about this one, so anything could happen!

I'll do an early afternoon count, but will then be busy all evening, so will do my normal midnight count and post it on here in the morning.
Do your midnight count accompanied with a wee dram of Glenfiddich......and come up with some good numbers.

It's not tomorrow's weather that is the problem, it's the hard frost forecast for tonight. That's why the Barnsley game was called off. There have been other cases in recent years of home games being called off due to frost even when other games were played. Remember the Boxing Day game some years ago that was off but Didcot Town played at home the same day?

Should be OK, forecast to be above freezing from 9am onwards then sunny whereas the Barnsley game it stayed around 0° all day. As long as the covers are on tonight it should be fine.

We have frost sheets now though, it’s only going down to minus 1 and then it’s going to be 6 degrees.

That’s hardly arctic weather, you could get a couple of months of weather conditions like that.

It’s 99.9999999 percent likely to be on tomorrow, we get this every time the weather drops below zero before a game now, how do people think sport happens in genuinely cold countries?

We have frost sheets now though, it’s only going down to minus 1 and then it’s going to be 6 degrees.

That’s hardly arctic weather, you could get a couple of months of weather conditions like that.

It’s 99.9999999 percent likely to be on tomorrow, we get this every time the weather drops below zero before a game now, how do people think sport happens in genuinely cold countries?
How long have we had these frost sheets for? (This is the first I've read about them)

I think tomorrow's game is more likely to be on than off but I would put the chances at 60% rather than your 99%.

As for other countries, the health and safety culture that is becoming increasingly commonplace in the UK (and causing a lot of problems in non-league football) is generally absent in colder countries. We in the UK are used to mild winters.

How long have we had these frost sheets for? (This is the first I've read about them)

I think tomorrow's game is more likely to be on than off but I would put the chances at 60% rather than your 99%.

As for other countries, the health and safety culture that is becoming increasingly commonplace in the UK (and causing a lot of problems in non-league football) is generally absent in colder countries. We in the UK are used to mild winters.
I think they can handle to minus- 4 but maybe wrong

Wouldn't be the worst thing for us if it was off.....

.....I'm not sure I have much belief in Craig Short. Be better to play this a little later in the season once our new manager has had a chance to bed in, and hopefully sort things out.

But yeah, the UK is a bit wussy. On Christmas Eve last year, when the Browns kicked off their game, the temperature was measured at 6F (-14.5C); with wind chill, it was supposedly -16F (-27C). But all cold weather NFL stadiums with grass have undersoil heating (Buffalo doesn't, but they play on artificial turf).......

Forecast for Oxford is minus 4 over night.

Derby‘s form has dipped a little, so now is as good a time as any to play them. Get the game on!

Should be easily playable by 3pm, but who knows?

We definitely used them fairly recently before a game and they worked, can’t remember which one.

Back
Top Bottom